NH-D14 CPU Cooler from Noctua Evaluated

Nemo

Noctua's NH-U12P series cooler has enjoyed a great deal of success and won its fair share of awards, so when Noctua announced the NH-D14 cooler with promises of better performance at reduced noise levels one has to wonder how just how well does the cooler live up to those promises. To find out, check out ccokeman's review - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/noctua_nhd14/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if you could run 3 fans f you set it up properly?

Might not work unless you set it up just right though.

That being said ccokeman you should try out some different configurations of the fans, as well as trying to use a standard 120MM fan in place of Noctuas to see if they are indeed any better.

tryls.jpg

Who the heck knows, it might work better?

I wonder if you could run 3 fans f you set it up properly?

Might not work unless you set it up just right though.

That being said ccokeman you should try out some different configurations of the fans, as well as trying to use a standard 120MM fan in place of Noctuas to see if they are indeed any better.

tryls.jpg

Who the heck knows, it might work better?

You can use three fans just not in my case. There is not really enough room. I'm sure if I put a couple of Scythe Kaze fans on it I could get a few degrees better but for testing purposes I have to test it as delivered. More testing would be another article that I can entertain to see how they do. I'll be tied up for the next month but remind me and I can look into it.

I remember when this cooler had a post in a different forum. Coke said he had his grubby hands on one. I've been paitently waiting for it.

Thanks Coke for the review. I want dibs on it >_<

+1 for different fan setups..

That shape does look awfully familiar... IFX-14 anyone? :) Nice review though Frank!

though it does bear two extra heatpipes, there's no way it could be a cheapshot :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd be more curious to see it's passive performance since I'd never run a cooler that ridiculous if it lacked the ability to run passive (most likely stock clocked of course :D)

How's its performance with just the single fan in the middle? If I understand correctly, removing the 12cm fan on the outside will give room for tall ram heatsinks right?