Bishop245 and Boinker are at it again

Boinker

3-31-12

It had been a while sense Bishop and I got together and did a build and mod night, So we took both our Liquid cooling systems apart and started to mod and clean them When we both got bit by wild hares, Max ended up not finishing his BUT a triple radiator has been mounted to the top of his case... Poor stacker 810 is going to need a lot more mods to get the radiator in it like he and I want but that will come soon..

I started out with my rig that day and the thing that has been bothering me the most is I cant do three way SLI because of my reservoir and lack of radiators. Well Bishop just pulled the dual radiator out of his and handed it to me so I handed him one of my older Triple radiators. Mounted the dual 120 radiator to the back of the case and Bishop proceeded to mod his stuff and make it look industrial to say the least.. I think if they make the Electric transformer box gray Ill have him paint it that way. :lol: 0

After getting all of my stuff mounted and all I wanted to take a look at the inside of my water block. I suspected that I was going to find something clogging it up and boy did I ever. Cat hair of all things was clogging my CPU waterblock..... Not even sure how it got in there But OH WELL. Then I got an Idea. Looking at the intake hole for the Appogee XT i decided it needed more flow... See photo below. After I modded that and reassembled I got another Idea. Why not A different res...... Looking around the shop I found some Flat 2' pipe ends and some extra 2' pvc pipe. Cool right. After running to the store and getting a 1/4 by 18 thread pipe thread tap I made some inlets and a fill port of the res and Volah. New res. Mounted it up in the 3- 1/4 bays and it was golden. After that ran some tube and installed everything. My system works great in 3 way sli, the res is awesome now thanks to Bishop and the Swiftech block has twice the flow it did before. :D Now for next weekend I just need to help Bishop to complete His rig. :lol:

Check out the Photos..... And im not going to explain what I was thinking when I was holding the Home made reservoir.

Enjoy. ill post up more photos of the build later when I have time. But here is a good portion of them.

IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0667.JPG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One I get my main rig back up and running I will see about editing the pics since I leave my camera set to the best settings it has most are in the 5Mb range or larger. The shop we use is my warehouse at work. if we need heavy duty metal cutting I have a band saw, cutting torch and plasma cutter next door in the mechanics shop and also steel and aluminum welders are set up over there. Of course for heavy lifting there is my trusty old Nissan 40 forklift :)

I just have a simple computer with no water cooling or anything fancy like that, and my computer still weighs 60+ pounds... Stupid cold rolled steel Antec DF-85, case weighs close to 30lbs itself, it sure it durable though... and it has great air flow, just heavier than sin!

It's been awhile since we've had any long term members do any modding, glad we're finally getting some action again.

:D

Not sure if bong or pipebomb.

Judging by THIS picture he's either baked or diabolically plotting his next move.

:rofl: