I'm back folding

camaro_dude15

well guys, i've been away for a while, i havent had a computer running in a long time, lets just say a kid spilled a super size soda in the top of my machine, and i just put the whole thing aside and forgot about it. about a week ago my brother decided he wanted an upgrade or two and i got bit by the computer bug again.

i should have taken pictures but the fan in the top of my case flung soda onto every thing, the graphics card and the psu getting the most of the soda, so 3 days ago i bought 2 got to bottles of alcohol, and a roll of paper towels, and it friggin works, i had to scrape gobs of set up soda off the gpu and it all still works, i am amazed

any way speedcrazy your in my sights!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folding is basically a distributed computing system that allows people to use the spare resources on their computer to contribute to scientific investigations.

Basically, you download a 'Work Unit' that details a simulation which the client completes, then returns to the server, to contribute to the work of the project.

You could just fold on your CPU...I did it for years on the rig in my sig and made decent progress. Only last month with upgrading to the new client did I start using my pathetic GPU, as it was automatically installed a GPU client. Fold on brother!!

ok so the 8800gt is running hot even at idle now, must be something the soda did, im going to pull of the cooler and put new compound on it and see what happens, i might just replace it with a gtx 600 series or 500 if i get a good deal

i said that before i seen my temps, i might have to eat those words

You have a cpu don't you? Even running it at 50% so as to allow you to use the pc will get you some points.