Which Ram ?

Running memory that high will all depend on your IMC. My 3960 has a dud of an IMC that craps out just over 2400Mhz. On the other hand my ES 3770K does up to 2600 with some 2133Mhz modules.

1 Question, which blocks are you using on the 7970 Matrix. Full cover or only the GPU core?

Running memory that high will all depend on your IMC. My 3960 has a dud of an IMC that craps out just over 2400Mhz. On the other hand my ES 3770K does up to 2600 with some 2133Mhz modules.

1 Question, which blocks are you using on the 7970 Matrix. Full cover or only the GPU core?

7970 matrix PLATINUM http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14863/ex-blc-1040/Koolance_VID-AR797_Radeon_HD7970_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_No_Fittings.html?id=XcgVugWz&mv_pc=190

CPU http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16152/ex-blc-1120/Swiftech_Apogee_Drive_II_Pump_and_CPU_Waterblock_Combo_-_Sockets_2011_APD2-2011.html?id=XcgVugWz&mv_pc=175

I like FrozenCPU, People say they are over priced. But I can get everything I need at one place and save on shipping costs, plus they ship it fast 3-days I have item.

Have you ran a calculation on your power supply yet, I was wondering what you came up with.

BTW you still haven't told me what ram will overclock better

they say tridentX can be overclocked to 3900mhz while I don't know anything about the other one

and thanks Braegnok for the psu issue gonna post the results pretty soon

From what I can see in the specifications on the two kits your comparing. The TridentX modules are built around the Ivy Bridge Z77 chipset, and the Evo Veloce modules have been listed as compatible with the Intel X79. Evo Veloce or Evo Leggera would be my choice. At those speeds you will have better results with a 4X1GB kit running just 2 up would be my advice, the 4X2 or 4X4 kits running 4 up will not clock as high, HyperX 4X1 CL12 kit would be my overall choice for highest overclock running just 2 up. 

Yes that sounds right, at 1183W you would be at 2183W with your Matrix cards. They normally  use basic reference cards @ 150W each..lol  :teehee:   You forgot to add the extra,.. Did you run two calculations, first with 3 cards and then second time with 4 cards. To see what they are allowing for each card ?, You will need to do the math allowing 400W per card. Overclocked , at max settings, under full load.

If they are allowing 150W per card  then X 4 = 600W

your Matrix cards spec. @ 400W  X 4 = 1600W 

So just add 1000W to your calculation and you would be at 2183W,  "Provided they are allowing 150W each card".  You will need to confirm exactly what they are allowing, I'm only speculating the 150, as that is what they "normally" allow for each reference 7000 series card. 

By running calculation twice,   :slap:  

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1