XFX HD 5870 Tested

jammin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am getting old and my eyesight is not near what it used to be, but I cant find that 2000 point through the roof difference in the chart? I only see abut 100 and something between the top 2 cards

3DMark 06 scores were through the roof for the XFX HD 5870! At the default resolution of 1280x1024, the nearest scoring card was still over 2000 points away.

Buying this gpu is useless and a waste of money at this stage. The card might be good for what it is, but right now, it's no better than...xfx 4870x2 (this is the maximum...i mean a single oc'd 4870 would do) for todays standards. Also as stated in the review, no dx11 titles so it won't do you any good to have it. (i guess it made sense to bundle the only game that takes advantage of this gpu, so ppl won't feel like wasting they're money as much) This card will probably be good to have in a year or 2...even that I think is too early. For me, depending how things are going...like games are hardware...I might update to 4890x2 in the next 2-3 years and then keep em for another 2...and then I might go for the 5870 (again - depends on many things, but from how they are now, thats how I imagine it.)

Anyway. Good review.

Buying this gpu is useless and a waste of money at this stage.

If you already have a 4870, sure. If you're just now building a rig there's no reason to NOT buy the newest tech out there.

Oh ok, hes comparing it to non 5870 cards, I thought it was comparing the 2 5870s. First your eyesight then your mind I guess... :unsure:

LOL you old fart

Buying this gpu is useless and a waste of money at this stage. The card might be good for what it is, but right now, it's no better than...xfx 4870x2 (this is the maximum...i mean a single oc'd 4870 would do) for todays standards. Also as stated in the review, no dx11 titles so it won't do you any good to have it. (i guess it made sense to bundle the only game that takes advantage of this gpu, so ppl won't feel like wasting they're money as much) This card will probably be good to have in a year or 2...even that I think is too early. For me, depending how things are going...like games are hardware...I might update to 4890x2 in the next 2-3 years and then keep em for another 2...and then I might go for the 5870 (again - depends on many things, but from how they are now, thats how I imagine it.)

Anyway. Good review.

I think you are sadly mistaken and have developed Ivy syndrome! Play on a 30 inch LCD and tell me its a waste. I could crank up the settings in the reviews and make the current cards look weak!

like I said...waste of money at this stage. No games to take advantage of dx11...no nothing....this gpu is no better than any other xfx before it with the exception of the speed which can be overclocked. Not my opinion, facts.

You can call your opinions facts if you like but it doesn't make them any more true. :shrug:

like I said...waste of money at this stage. No games to take advantage of dx11...no nothing....this gpu is no better than any other xfx before it with the exception of the speed which can be overclocked. Not my opinion, facts.

Blue is a better color than yellow. Fact.

See how that works. It's an opinion. Read the review. It's full of facts. In fact they don't support your opinion.

If you can't afford the card or find that a cheaper one suits your needs better then this card simply isn't for you. Don't soothe your ego by calling it a waste. It's not a waste for those who need, want, and can afford the power of this GPU.