OCC is Hiring News Editors, Review Editors, and an Assistant

bp9801

OverclockersClub is hiring once again, with both news editor and review editor positions available, as well as a personal assistant for Bosco. Each editor position features similar requirements, and are in fact fairly similar in the skills you will be using. The personal assistant is a little more involved and demanding.

News editors scour the Web for computer hardware news, find items relevant to OCC, and write an article about it. It is one of the more visible jobs here at OCC, since your writing and username are featured on the main page. Because of that, spelling and grammar must be superb, as everyone will be able to see it.

Review editors also need to know their grammar and spelling, but that's because they are editing the reviews at OCC. They make sure the reviews do not have any errors or mistakes, and then correct them so the review can go live. It is more about making sure everything looks correct than rewriting elements; if a sentence or two doesn't look right, then you contact the reviewer for clarification.

The personal assistant is a little different, as this person will be helping Bosco out with various tasks on OCC. They will help out with contests, site edits, help grow OCC, and any other tasks Bosco may have. Due to the requirements and demands of this position, Bosco would like the assistant to be available at most times of the day (apologies to those who are both working and attending classes). Bosco's personal assistant will receive hardware in exchange for the position, as well as a letter of reference for any future jobs they wish.

If you are interested in these positions, then feel free to send a private message or email to myself for news editors, ClayMeow for review editors, and Bosco for the personal assistant. Good luck to all future applicants!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be more active as of November-ish (1st or 2nd of November) (can't make it in October, sadly :()

So i hope to help you guys out again soon!

Still interested in the position of News editor as well, but if you hire someone else because i cannot do it right away, i won't blame you :P

The assistant has to be available at any time of the day? So anyone who works for a living need not apply? :unsure:

I would hope it means more like early afternoon to late at night.

Still...free hardware! :D

The assistant has to be available at any time of the day? So anyone who works for a living need not apply?  :unsure:

Nah how it should have been worded is that you should have some free time in your schedule. If you work full time and go to school that might be a little to much to apply for the position.

I'm available pretty much 24/7. But my spelling and sentence structure are not so good.

Were you going to apply for new editor or review editor then?

You would be better off being Bosco's slav...err, *ahem*, ASSISTANT, as you are available for 24/7. 

• 4 weeks later...