Computer on top or bottom of desk?

Hey guise, I've been keeping my computer under my desk for a while now, and I'm just wondering whether or not I should move it on top of my desk.

So I was reading system builder marathon when I saw that apparantly, under the desk is where computers pick up the most dust and hair. I have carpet flooring and I do tend to shed long strands of hair a lot. Plus this would also expose my computer to more air and allow me to admire it more often.

But I am a little heisitant to move my computer on the top.

My desk isn't the most stable , it sorta shakes if you push it. Having the extra weight could make it worse. Also I am afraid it might fall.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the coolest air is on the floor (unless you have a warm floor :(). It's not that big deal really, just put it where you want it to be. If the table is shaky I wouldn't recommend putting it on there.

I used to have it on my desk back in college because there was no room under my desk and I really prefer it on the floor. Having a giant case right next to your face is a total pain.

There's only one situation where it's better being on the bottom..........

You have a dirty mind :blush: But I must agree :P

BTW, mines on top. I mean on the desk.

Edited by dling

My desk has a built in ledge to rest the computer case on, so mine is there. Its close to the floor, but not directly on it. I'd say its about 6 inches off the ground on its little ledge.. just my case is too long so the feet of it barely touch the ledge. :lol:

I've always had it the case on the floor or just above it.. makes it quieter and like others have said, the cooler air is down there so it helps out more.