Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

well, i just finished me3 a couple of hours ago, and i am very dissapoint

well, actually take the above sentence, and add your favourite swear word where each space is, then that is BEGINNING to describe how i feel

bad move ea.

It sounds funny when you add boobies after every word :P

I admit, I hated the ending. But I found a "cure" for Mass Effect 3's ending-itis:

Look up "Shepard's Indoctrination" (newest version, usually the second youtube result for me" and just go with it.

I don't believe that's what Bioware was trying to do with the ending, but it does make sense. And it makes the ending so much less hate-able.

**SPOILER ALERT ON THIS NEXT VIDEO**

Edited by dragonsdontfly

I admit, I hated the ending. But I found a "cure" for Mass Effect 3's ending-itis:

Look up "Shepard's Indoctrination" (newest version, usually the second youtube result for me" and just go with it.

I don't believe that's what Bioware was trying to do with the ending, but it does make sense. And it makes the ending so much less hate-able.

**SPOILER ALERT ON THIS NEXT VIDEO**

shaddowtroop posted this video a couple of days ago hidden by spoiler tags. I gotta give credit to the person who put that video together because it appears pretty logical and backed up. The only real problem i have with the indoctrination theory is that it provides less "closure" than if you take the endings as they are. Admitedly there are many plot holes when you take them as they are, but how many games out there have rushed or dodgy or "deus ex machina" endings that are attributed to rushed development? I can hear you say "but they said they were working on From Ashes after certification and some of it made it onto the disc, surely they weren't rushed to finish the game then". Its EA, they're all about the money. of course they'd rather work on charging you extra than providing you with a finished conclusive game.

Also the whole theory does seem a bit convoluted. If that truely is how the ending is supposed to be interpreted then surely Bioware would have thought that it would get lost on quite a majority of the gamers. Especially as they were trying to appeal more to the "shooter" audience with ME2. The other problem i have is

the indoctrination theory helps to justify / set up post game ME3 DLC or an ME4 with Sheppard still alive and the reaper war still going. Even though ME3 was supposed to be the final resolution to the reaper war.

one other thing i must say about the ME3 plot in general, is that there was no gap between then ending events of ME1 and the beginning of ME2. however ME3 assumes that you played the 'Arrival' DLC and even then, there are gaps between the end of the Arrival DLC and the start of ME3. which bugged me a bit.

one other thing i must say about the ME3 plot in general, is that there was no gap between then ending events of ME1 and the beginning of ME2. however ME3 assumes that you played the 'Arrival' DLC and even then, there are gaps between the end of the Arrival DLC and the start of ME3. which bugged me a bit.

There was a 2 year gap between ME1 and ME2... well, really it was a 2 year gap between the opening scene of ME2 and when you wake up in the Cerberus base. The gap between the end of ME2 and ME3 is only a few weeks or months... Shepard actually mentions the length in a few conversations with the squad; though the destruction of the Alpha Relay and the start of ME3 is suppose to be only 6 months.

Keep in mind there are a number of comics and mobile games that are filler and cover events between each game.

Seems some are still bitter about the ME3 ending, so much so that they thought they'd try and SWEETEN up Bioware. heh-heh... Yeah no more bad puns

Proving once and for all that cupcakes are the solution to all of life’s woes, a group of BioWare fans has organised a shipment of 400 delicious pastries to the Mass Effect creator’s office in Edmonton, Canada.

Their goal is to protest Mass Effect 3‘s controversial ending by giving everyone at BioWare diabetes trying to prove a point about cupcakes all tasting the same or something? I dunno.

Posting on BioWare’s official forums, user LoganKey writes:

We are currently trying to organise the delivery of a mass of cupcakes to Bioware’s studio in Edmonton. All the cupcakes will be divided into equal parts Red, Blue and Green colours… but they will all taste exactly the same. If you’d like to participate, please check out the thread below and let us know.

This coming week, we should send Bioware boxes upon boxes of a dozen cupcakes. We are taking ideas as to what sort of notes we should have attached on each box. Some possibilities include:

- “No matter what colour you choose, they all taste the same”;

- “No matter what colour you choose, it’s all vanilla ;-D”

- “We rage because we love”

Source

There was a 2 year gap between ME1 and ME2... well, really it was a 2 year gap between the opening scene of ME2 and when you wake up in the Cerberus base. The gap between the end of ME2 and ME3 is only a few weeks or months... Shepard actually mentions the length in a few conversations with the squad; though the destruction of the Alpha Relay and the start of ME3 is suppose to be only 6 months.

Keep in mind there are a number of comics and mobile games that are filler and cover events between each game.

yes but the 2 year gap in ME2 you don't know what happened and sheppard doesn't know what was going on because he/she was dead. Whereas the gap from ME2 to ME3, sheppard is very much alive and aware of what happened in the gap. But you dont. Its supposed to be that you are Sheppard. You should know what they do. Its not a big deal. But its something small that crops up enough to be immersion breaking is all.

However, i shouldn't need to buy comics etc to get the full story. i have no problems with ones that expand upon the lore or have no impact on any of the major characters i.e. the comic featuring Aria T'loak that comes with the collectors edition of ME3.

Okay, so I finished the game. I already knew the ending was bad but I didn't know what it was. All I can can is Bioware go F yourself. 99 percent of this game was great. Actually 99 percent of the series was great. Until the ending. I hate DLC but I hope there is some to fix this mess. I felt like everything I did had no meaning. And then I find out the other endings sucked just as bad. ME1 came out in 2007 and after 5 years this is where my journey ended up. I was actually sitting there staring at the screen for 10 minutes before making my choice. Just so disappointed. I thought DA2 stunk but at least it had an ending.