nvidia gtx 680

dling

I currently have a msi Radeon 5970 vga card. I've been thinking about an upgrade and was wondering ,is it worth doing it?

Are the new cards that much better then the one I have. Would you make the change for 500.00 dollars. I would like to upgrade my whole rig this year

and the vga card is where I was thinking I may start. But if the new'er cards are that much better.I dont want another 5970 , so no crossfire.

Thanks.

I would personally wouldn't make the change if you are still going for 1080p. I have a 470 and am perfectly fine with it since games that have appeared in the meantime were still made with consoles in mind. Until the next consoles come out i suggest you save your money.

I would personally wouldn't make the change if you are still going for 1080p. I have a 470 and am perfectly fine with it since games that have appeared in the meantime were still made with consoles in mind. Until the next consoles come out i suggest you save your money.

This is my monitor KDS 26". I'm running 1920x1200 res. with a 16/10 aspect ratio .

Dont get a GTX680 unless you want a mid range card because thats what it will feel like when the GK110 comes out. The 680 was meant to be a GTX660 Ti and the PCB sucks compared to the 7970 because it was not designed to be a top end card like the 7970 is to AMD.

GK110 will be a worthy upgrade and should come in around the same price of the 680 since the 680 was meant to sell for $350.

Wait for GK110, the flagship Kepler.

Its hard to believe that my card still is considered a high end card after all these years.I though by now most anything would

be recommend as an upgrade over it. Good to know. ;)

If you can still play all the games you want with it, there's no need for an upgrade. By the time you can't, more powerful cards will be out, or the current existing line of cards will be cheaper.

Dont get a GTX680 unless you want a mid range card because thats what it will feel like when the GK110 comes out. The 680 was meant to be a GTX660 Ti and the PCB sucks compared to the 7970 because it was not designed to be a top end card like the 7970 is to AMD.

GK110 will be a worthy upgrade and should come in around the same price of the 680 since the 680 was meant to sell for $350.

Wait for GK110, the flagship Kepler.

and im sure if he waits another 5 months a new card will come out thats better

i for one ive had it chasing the gpu rainbow.

i will admit i was let down by the gtx 680 dont get me wrong its a great card

but wheres the overclocking they neutered what could have been a fantastic card.

although i did read where kinpin got over P15000 on a single gtx 680 http://wccftech.com/renowned-overclocker-kingpin-takes-kepler-evga-gtx-680-1958-mhz/