NVIDIA is Preparing Something..

bp9801

My guess is that it'll be a gaming tablet or just a tablet.

It is the GTX facebook page, so it has to be related to graphics cards(This isn't just direct at you but everyone :))

Edited by Krieg1337

It's a desktop CPU?! :O

I seriously doubt it is a desktop CPU because they would have to go one of three routes with it. One is that they would have to be a direct competitor with intel and actually be on par. Since intel has put eons of R and D into each line of CPUs, Nvidia would have had to start planing for this about 5ish years ago, and we would have know about it for a lot longer than we have.

Two is that it will be something similar to an APU except way better. This would be the smartest approach considering there is a huge market for integrated graphics with the coming of ultra books and such. However, there again I feel like we would have seen rumors for such a thing for years.

The last goal would be to completely eliminate AMD. Nvidia could have patterned up with intel to wipe AMD clean off the face of the earth. Nvidia has better graphics cards now that they basically have all the features of an AMD card plus the existing Nvidia features AND they are currently making the fastest graphics card at a price point of 50 bucks less than an AMD solution of the same speed. Making a CPU would just crush amd. However, this is unlikely to happen because Nvidia does not have the resources to launch such a campaign.

My guess is that it is going to be the announcement of the 700 series. The only reason I say that is because if AMD decides to go through with their REALLY dumb idea of making an 8000 series this year, then I could see Nvidia just holding off on the GK110 and use it for the 700 series to stomp on AMD.

• Like 1

It is the GTX page, meaning it has something to do with Graphics Cards.

AMD brands their APU as Radeon, so it would make just as much sense for it to be GTX branded if it was good enough of an equivalent.

Then again, GTX is for top-tier graphics processors, so an APU would kind of be out of the question. (lower tiers being GT and GTS.)