In a world of crap

Picked up an XFX 7850 1GB for $150, my pc works now, the lady that worked at the store said the Gigabyte 560ti was an unreliable card, lots of complaints apparently. She was surprised it lasted this long lol

Picked up an XFX 7850 1GB for $150, my pc works now, the lady that worked at the store said the Gigabyte 560ti was an unreliable card, lots of complaints apparently. She was surprised it lasted this long lol

1GB HD7850, hmm.were you out of your budget to accommodate 2GB version or is it more of a stop gap option?

1GB HD7850, hmm.were you out of your budget to accommodate 2GB version or is it more of a stop gap option?

I didn't feel like pushing the $200 price point like I did with my GTX 560ti, and I won't be gaming at higher resolutions past 1920x1080, also reviews were good for the card and the price was right. 

Next time you open up your computer be sure to be careful with static. I know most people don't wear static bracelets but at least touch the something that's grounded before touching your computer EVERY time.

I didn't feel like pushing the $200 price point like I did with my GTX 560ti, and I won't be gaming at higher resolutions past 1920x1080, also reviews were good for the card and the price was right. 

I agree,up here in canada $150 is a good price for the 1gb version, the 2 gb's go for at least $200. :vmad:

• Like 1

Next time you open up your computer be sure to be careful with static. I know most people don't wear static bracelets but at least touch the something that's grounded before touching your computer EVERY time.

|Amen, I try to make sure to do that before I do work. People I know always joke around and touch my pc when the see that Im working on it and I always remind them they can buy me new parts if they discharge static. They always think Im crazy and paranoid, this serves as a good example. I have been meaning to get an anti static bracelet but they are hard to find anywhere but online. Also, the 7850 came with Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Blood Dragon, which is awesome value! That's at least $100 in games alone. 

Someone told me that the nvidia drivers last month are very bad and a new release that fixes is is available

they also said it was reported that some graphic cards were bricked

Idk if that applies to you

I see this thread finally got it's name changed.

But waco is very right, static is crazy dangerous to a computer. I am almost certain that what happened to my 8800GTS.

If your PSU is plugged in and installed properly, you can touch your case to discharge static buildup.