When gaming on your pc what do you prefer?

neddamttocs

68 members have voted

1. 1. Speakers or Headphones?

• Speakers
    • Headphones
    • Other?

Speakers ...then I am able to use my headphones for listening to music. :tongue:

Very few games pull me in, but next time one does I should try out the cans.

We need a side question to this one, Do you live alone, with friends/family, married? This is important information when considering the base question. I would bet MOST people the prefer speakers are not married  :rolleyes:

The poll is what do you prefer, not what are you forced to use.   If you are married and use headphones to be curtious but prefer speakers than you should be voting for speakings.  Then your note in the topic is I prefer speakers but use headphones to be nice to the wifey. :)

I have been using headphones for about 3 years now, don't have my speakers hooked up anymore. I used to use speakers when I would game on my TV sitting on my couch instead of using a monitor at my desk. Was much more convenient then.

It depends on the game, honestly.

If I'm playing LoL with friends, I'll wear headphones because I use VOIP most of the time. If I'm playing CS:S it's the same way, but because the neighbors probably don't want to hear gunshots.

If I'm playing an MMO or if I'm playing LoL solo/with my roomie then I'll just use speakers.

Oh and headphones are important for movies if no one else is watching. No point in making the wife sit through a movie she hates.

Edited by Locutus

I really prefer the sound through my headphones.  But I had to vote speakers.

Much more full and dynamic and helpful with the directional noise too.  BUT, they aren't comfortable.  They hurt my ears over time and then if I am home alone with headphones on, I think I'm going to miss a call or someone at the door (that has happened actually).  Kinda too much "In" the game.  When my wife is home, headphones keep down the noise for her and I can get into the game.  

So I guess speakers win for me.  

I always prefer my headphones, but I have invested in them as well. I have an old 4.1 surround speakers put away, it doesn't sound bad, but I hate having to deal with it's issues like how the sub vibrates the wood floor or other things. I also like that my dogs will lay around me when I wear headphones, and with speakers they just give me dirty looks from across or outside the room.

I have a pair of A40's and they have never hurt my ears after long use. Unfortunately the band at the top does get uncomfortable after awhile, a big part of that could be that I have long hair and how it pulls/shifts it. Maybe I should wrap it in memory foam or something....

If I could I would have a sweet system constantly blasting my games at me, so actually I'd say I prefer speakers over headphones.

As of right now however, I'd say I  definitely prefer my headphones over my crappy desktop speakers.