Wonky Internet D/U speed

Pteroduck

Hey guys, i have wonky internet from ATT, but funny thing is that it wasnt like this before when i just got it.

I've had it for a couple months now but recently, its been wonky. It disconnects my skype calls, will sometimes play YT HD1080p, and my ping is wonky in bf3
Can anyone help me out? I've tried some solutions from google but its to no avail!

Are you using a router or the AT&T modem/router? If you are using an actual router have you tried bypassing it to make sure it wasn't the cause? I deal with AT&T a lot and their modem/routers are notorious for being flaky and unreliable. Have you contacted AT&T about the issue and asked them for a replacement modem/router?

EDIT: btw, telling me your ping times are 40ms to 550ms tells me nothing without knowing what you are pinging when you get those response times. For example if you are doing a continuous ping to google.com and it spikes occasionally to 550ms that is not a surprise, but if you are pinging your ISP's next hop gateway and getting 550ms then there is a connection problem somewhere between your computer and the ISP's gateway (eg. router, modem, line into house, etc).

Oh the pings are straight from bf3, and yes i have, i got a brand new router that replaced the old one, i'm using the newest model now

it used to be all fine and dandy until now

edit: i'm using the 2wire from ATT

Edited by Pteroduck

I may not be reading your post right but I am still not clear on whether or not you have tried bypassing the router since the problem started.

Try doing a continuous ping to your ISP gateway address and see if you get any drops or high response times.