8800 GTS... finally dead?

Crazy_Nate

I was greeted with this error code today after I came back to the computer and the screen was off. I force rebooted it, but there were artifacts on the boot screens.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The code is directly from the device manager. It says it won't start because of an error.

NVIDIA settings won't start because it says "You are not using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU." Right... :whistling:

Thoughts? Should I just navigate over to Newegg? :cheers:

I think I'm going to look for something with a low TDP and about the same "oomph". I do game a bit on the HTPC, but nothing too high-end (1080p only).

Are the 650 Ti's any good? $140 + Assassins Creed 3 looks like a pretty good deal.

:popcorn:

I think I'm going to look for something with a low TDP and about the same "oomph". I do game a bit on the HTPC, but nothing too high-end (1080p only).

Are the 650 Ti's any good? $140 + Assassins Creed 3 looks like a pretty good deal.

What resolution do you game at?

I have a HD7770, which is slightly slower than the 650Ti and can run BF3 on Ultra (except 2xAA instead of 4xAA) at 1440x900 or 1280x1024 at an average of around 50fps

Edit: Just saw you noted 1080p in your post, so you should be able to run most things on medium-high to high with that card, providing your system isn't bottlenecking thumbsup3.gif

Edited by EuroFight

For 1080p res, it would e a descent choice from which you can expect ~50fps for the present and future games.

What resolution do you game at?

I have a HD7770, which is slightly slower than the 650Ti and can run BF3 on Ultra (except 2xAA instead of 4xAA) at 1440x900 or 1280x1024 at an average of around 50fps

Edit: Just saw you noted 1080p in your post, so you should be able to run most things on medium-high to high with that card, providing your system isn't bottlenecking thumbsup3.gif

Sightly slower you say?