760gtx 4gb?

I haven't find any review of this..

Question is simple. I have a i7 950 3.0ghz 6gb ram 1600mhz and EVGA 460gtx 1gb..

a friend of mine just bought a ZOTAC 760gtx 4gb!!!!!!!!!! for $4000. I've seen that card with 2GB!! it's being sold for 4200$ or more..

What should I do?

I ask because I haven't found a single review of this card.. 

Edited by Fragsman

Partpicker.com has the 760 4G's listed for between $250 and $300.  Hardforum has a review of the Asus version of this card and gave it a silver award.  Superbiiz has the Zotac 4G listed for $250.98.  It think he overpayed a little bit for it.

Edited by Minime 939

Guys consider I'm talking in $AR not dollars.

Anyway I found my mobo supports PCI-E 2.0. The card is compatible with PCI-E 1.1 but I think I will not get all the performance if that's the case.. =/

Anyway I found my mobo supports PCI-E 2.0. The card is compatible with PCI-E 1.1 but I think I will not get all the performance if that's the case.. =/

Oh, in that case, it's only $25 USD more. I don't understand your compatibility question, but the card's compatible with PCIE 2.0. I personally wouldn't have bothered paying the extra for the extra 2GB VRAM.

Oh, in that case, it's only $25 USD more. I don't understand your compatibility question, but the card's compatible with PCIE 2.0. I personally wouldn't have bothered paying the extra for the extra 2GB VRAM.

+1, the 4GB is a waste on a 760 unless it's guaranteed to be SLI'd.

The cards performance will not be held back by the PCI-E

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'm with Mythos, if you are buying one GTX 760 , you will run out of GPU power before running out of RAM. Only if you SLI'd that the 4GB gets to be useful.

If they are the same price, then you go for the 4GB card.

Oh ok I'm sorry jajajajjajaa. 

My friend wanted to buy a new PC. So he asked me what to do. Then he was offered this card for $4000. Since I have seen the 2gb version for $4200+ I tought it was a good idea to get one even tough I don't need it. I'm ok with my 460 for now. I know it will be much better but I simply looked at the "bargain" opportunity jajajajaja.

But nvm. I really don't need it. I would have to search for a buyer for my 460 and I don't know if it is a bargain or not since I've found a 760 2gb for $3600 so... basing on your SLI's comment I think that's a good choice also.

Edited by Fragsman

Oh ok I'm sorry jajajajjajaa. 

My friend wanted to buy a new PC. So he asked me what to do. Then he was offered this card for $4000. Since I have seen the 2gb version for $4200+ I tought it was a good idea to get one even tough I don't need it. I'm ok with my 460 for now. I know it will be much better but I simply looked at the "bargain" opportunity jajajajaja.

But nvm. I really don't need it. I would have to search for a buyer for my 460 and I don't know if it is a bargain or not since I've found a 760 2gb for $3600 so... basing on your SLI's comment I think that's a good choice also.

Yeah if you're not going to SLI it then the 4GB would only *slightly* increase its resale in the future but nothing as big as the price difference now