Temps for i7-3770k

Pteroduck

Load temps are what you should be looking at. Newer Intel DTS's are not calibrated for accuracy at idle so an Ivy Bridge won't report idle temps properly, often showing clearly erroneous low temperatures on at least two cores at idle...their temperatures will be lower then the water temp in the loop for example - which is of course not possible :).

For stress testing like IBT, don't be surprised if you easily break 80c at even a modest ~4.5ghz overclock, even on water.

Normal use and gaming won't get you within 20* of IBT temps, so I wouldn't worry about high temps while stress testing. They run HOT, especially without being delidded. Not surprising when you think about those idle temps in the 30s while being only at 1.6ghz with NO LOAD!  :O

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 24/7 setting for the 3770K  runs 4.7 @ 1.325V with temps in the mid 60's under load. The ambient air were I live is seldom over 20c, but in the summer when ambient air is high I will back it down to stay under 70c.

I looked around and people are getting around 26-36 idling. Seems a bit odd thats all, but thanks the for help guys! 'preciate it

It all depends on the cooling you are using.

...and your ambient, plus your chips internal sensor accuracy :).

My chip shows my minimum temps in Realtemp currently at 5/9/1/0, when my block is set to hold 5c so thats not even possible.

I looked around and people are getting around 26-36 idling. Seems a bit odd thats all, but thanks the for help guys! 'preciate it

You still didn't tell us your ambient. That is one of the most important factor in determine the temperatures, specially idle temperature.