Tomb Raider (2013)

bp9801

Didn't see a topic for this already, so if there is then I apologize and ask them to be merged.

Crystal Dynamics is handling the new Tomb Raider game, which is an origin tale of how Lara Croft became the hardened explorer we know. GameTrailers TV had an exclusive gameplay trailer shown earlier tonight and man, does it look awesome. Lara has to learn to survive and looks to have a hell of time figuring everything out on the island.

Tomb Raider will launch on March 5th, 2013, for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_-QGlwRqc

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think there is a topic and it is just called "Tomb Raider". Not like I care though as I don't maintain these boards hah.

Any rate, even though I'm no Tomb Raider fan I been looking forward to seeing more of this game since last year's trailer. Sadly I will have to view this video from home as it isn't working here.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I want to like it, but the voice acting is pretty bad so far and it looks like a Michael Bay movie

That is just about the meanest thing you could say about any game. I can't view the trailer right now but right now I'm picturing this game being renamed to "Lara the Raider" with tons of explosions and CGI scenes with Lara the Raider riding on a bike in downtown New York mowing down innocent civilians ...because that is what Lara would do (if Bay created the game).

Now I thought the hitman game someone posted a trailer to looked like a Michael Bay creation.

Looks good. Have been looking forward to it for a while. Too bad it is delayed. I have played every Tomb Raider game with the exception of that last one. (Can't remember the name) But Legacy and Underworld were great games IMO. I'm typically not a prequel guy but this looks interesting. Seeing what it was like before she became a hard a**.

Think there is a topic and it is just called "Tomb Raider". Not like I care though as I don't maintain these boards hah.

Only ones I saw before were for older games and the Guardian of Light one.

I'm definitely looking forward to this new one. I remember playing the original games on the PS1 and PC, but haven't played many of the recent ones even though I own the last three. Only played a little of Anniversary just to see it with updated visuals.

Only ones I saw before were for older games and the Guardian of Light one.

I'm definitely looking forward to this new one. I remember playing the original games on the PS1 and PC, but haven't played many of the recent ones even though I own the last three. Only played a little of Anniversary just to see it with updated visuals.

It's possible I just remember seeing the trailer in last year's E3 topic and the more I think about it I believe that is all it had.

By the way, I got the trailer to work. I do have to agree with Alex_ the voice acting is HORRIBLE!

Expected the gameplay graphics to be a bit better but it seems Square always excels in CGI scenes and not so much in actual gameplay graphics. Though it should be interesting to see a TR game with an actual storyline to follow. The TR games I played had no storyline ...it was just straight puzzle solving. Let's pray they don't give Lara a crappy character model like Team Ninja screwed up Samus.

It's possible I just remember seeing the trailer in last year's E3 topic and the more I think about it I believe that is all it had.

By the way, I got the trailer to work. I do have to agree with Alex_ the voice acting is HORRIBLE!

Expected the gameplay graphics to be a bit better but it seems Square always excels in CGI scenes and not so much in actual gameplay graphics. Though it should be interesting to see a TR game with an actual storyline to follow. The TR games I played had no storyline ...it was just straight puzzle solving. Let's pray they don't give Lara a crappy character model like Team Ninja screwed up Samus.

Square Enix is just the publisher. Crystal Dynamics is developing the game.

Yeah, the actress doing Lara Croft's voice seems to be faking a British accent and not succeeding much at all. Hopefully it'll change closer to release, but we'll just have to see. Also, the character model of the new, younger Lara Croft is shown pretty well in the trailer and all earlier footage/drawings.

tombraider-concept2013.jpg?w=558&h=9999&crop=0

tumblr_m4xr2jVY0e1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg

Tomb-Raider-delayed-until-2013.jpg

Square Enix is just the publisher. Crystal Dynamics is developing the game.

Yeah, the actress doing Lara Croft's voice seems to be faking a British accent and not succeeding much at all. Hopefully it'll change closer to release, but we'll just have to see. Also, the character model of the new, younger Lara Croft is shown pretty well in the trailer and all earlier footage/drawings.

Ooops, I keep missing the actual developer. :lol:

As far as character model I was rushing my post and meant the character's personality, history, etc.

• 7 months later...

Well BP says the voice actress is faking a British's accent poorly... though it appears the voice actress is actually from the UK. :rofl:  No worries though BP, at the time I agreed with you!

Meet the actress and voice actress of the new Lara Croft - (hint, hint, hint) - she's a cutie!

More on the story... WAI, WHAT?!  Tomb Raider is actually going to have a story?  And one you might actually care about?!

Meet the guy behind the music and sounds.

Some polishing up, some intro to new ideas to the Tomb Raider franchise, standard faire!

Official Trailer

Gameplay Demo

BP may have put some (or even all ... I did not check!) of this in his new section but the news section lacks organization ...especially when you want to find videos of just one specific game.

Her bewbs got smaller.

BUT, Camilla is HOT and the game actually looks pretty good.  I think I'll pick this one up and might even get me to play the last one too.  

Speaking of the last one, "the Guardian of Light", I have two unused keycodes sitting in front of me.  I got them with my two 560's and haven't ever used them.  Maybe I'll try it out and give one away.

I'm not going to bother selling it or anything, just pm me and it's yours.   :)   

edit-  travism21 got it!

Edited by RedFury77

Tempting but I got so many games I am currently slacking on I really shouldn't add another one.  Besides I will need to play TR pretty quick since SC2 will release its first expansion a week later. 

I noticed the decrease in bewb size too but once I saw Camilla I just simply shrugged my shoulders.  I am definitely looking forward to this game.  Thinking its gonna be a PS3 purchase though.