How many DOAs have you had?

TheyCallMeGunny

Just post your number, and if you want also include how long or how many total purchases you've made. You can also include specifics such as component type and brand. I figured this could be both "random fun" and help us share an idea of which brands are most and least trustworthy to survive shipping.

So, how many DOAs have you had? (Parts Dead on Arrival)

Me: 1 motherboard, by ASRock. Wouldn't POST at all. Replaced with an extra $100 worth of ASUS.

I'm buying new hardware all the time, so total number of orders is unknown for me.

As for DOAs, I've had three.

1 Abit AM2 board back when they used to still exist. Don't even remember what the problem was anymore.

1 Rosewill PSU that exploded when I turned it on.

1 ASUS P55 board. The board would boot loop, so I RMAd it. The replacement I got wouldn't detect HDDs on the non native ports, so I RMAd it. The third one was so badly warped it was ridiculous. However, it worked so I used it. :P

I'm struggling to recall any of mine...I know I got some bad RAM back in the day when I built my AthlonXP rig - it was slightly unstable at all speeds.

2 Hard Drives - Seagate

1 Motherboard - ASUS Rampage II Gene

The two hard drives were bought the same week in 2004. Ever since, I've used WD and haven't looked back. The Rampage II wouldn't post and the replacement P6T had its issues too, but my current Rampage III Formula works like a charm! :biggrin: