Top Gear

ekiM

670x377Image.jpg?p=120125_04:48

Honestly, I don't try to compare Top Gear US with Top Gear, there's no hope with it living up to my expectations. It's like comparing the Phantom Menace with Return of the Jedi. That being said, when viewed casually and taken as it's own entity... it's not so bad. Besides, we need filler in between Top Gear seasons. :)

What's everyone's favourite Ep.? Mine would have to be the Vietnam special

12x08-Vietnam-01s.jpg

I don't find the American Top Gear to be bad, its just that after you watch the British one you will never give a crap about the American version anymore :lol:

I gotta say, the caravaning episode was my favorite(I haven't seen that much though).

I also really liked the one in South America, James almost killing Jeremy and the Land Rover of all never breaking down :lol:

Edited by Krieg1337

670x377Image.jpg?p=120125_04:48

Honestly, I don't try to compare Top Gear US with Top Gear, there's no hope with it living up to my expectations. It's like comparing the Phantom Menace with Return of the Jedi. That being said, when viewed casually and taken as it's own entity... it's not so bad. Besides, we need filler in between Top Gear seasons. :)

What's everyone's favourite Ep.? Mine would have to be the Vietnam special

12x08-Vietnam-01s.jpg

Mine has to be the South African special with that beast of a hummer breaking through a wall on a quiet suburban street. :D

Rarely is a show in the US granted more than one hour of run time with commercials included. BBC's Top Gear runs approximately one hour without commercials. It's not uncommon for BBC shows to run at odd time slots as compared to other broadcasters'. Some shows might have a 1:35 (hours:minutes) or 0:45 time slot, or some other odd time. If there are no shows short enough to fit in the time slot before the next hour it's usually filled up with a couple brief news segments and commercials. That's what I've noticed anyhow. I've never seen anything from US broadcasters that funky.

But they air them on BBC AMERICA, they control the time lol, its their network... Like I said I would understand if it was under syndication but its not... There is no FCC regulation or anything prohibiting shows in the US from running more than 1 hour, its up to the individual networks... Comedy Central for example often times cut shows about 2 minutes short of 30 minutes, to mess up your DVR! GAHHH!!! lol

BBC America airs Dr. Who in its full version... They also show reruns such as Torchwood and other shows in their full context, I have also seen 90 minute versions of Top Gear... So why the wait?

Personally I think crossing the channel was one of my fav episodes :D

Edited by greengiant912

If I recall correctly, the first car they did was the dodge viper v10. :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: . What a POS to start off with. Have some class and do a Ferrari please.

Hey HEY HHEEYY!! I have wanted a Dodge Viper since I was a kid! So I was extremely pleased that the tested it on the first show. But the rest of it is alot worse then the UK version.

Hey HEY HHEEYY!! I have wanted a Dodge Viper since I was a kid! So I was extremely pleased that the tested it on the first show. But the rest of it is alot worse then the UK version.

You should watch Episode 3 of Series 5 then. Jeremy does a review of the Dodge Viper SRT-10.

Awwwwwwww, well that is cute.

enzo_FXX_EVO_28_Black1.jpg

But when I honk my horn, please pull over, I don't want to have to slow down :P

Edited by Tjj226_Angel