Bios unlock

Elmors

You'll spring for an extreme processor but won't just get a nice p45 or x48 board?

I know that for better performance i need to buy a better motherboard, but i have money problems now, so i have to find a cheaper solution, because if i buy a new motherboard i will need to buy new RAM (because on this mb it is DDR2 not DDR3) and good processor) 

So i decided to overclock an extreme processor for better performance ;)

Yeah but that's what I'm saying...I'd imagine one of the motherboards I mentioned would be atLEAST half the price of the extreme processor...those are never ever worth it to anyone on a budget

Nop, I bought it on ebay for 50 eur ;) so it's cheaper..

And a p45 or x48 board would assuredly cost you less than that...

You'll spring for an extreme processor but won't just get a nice p45 or x48 board?

Well theres your problem!

Right?!

Hey Elmors, I just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  I don't have an answer to your problem, but I wanted you to now that we don't "always" get side-tracked and tell people what they should have done with their money  :)

Everyone is making valid points, but I know that this doesn't get you closer to getting your BIOS unlocked.

Hey Elmors, I just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  I don't have an answer to your problem, but I wanted you to now that we don't "always" get side-tracked and tell people what they should have done with their money  :)

Everyone is making valid points, but I know that this doesn't get you closer to getting your BIOS unlocked.

It's not getting sidetracked though...I know it's a bit late since OP already bought the extreme chip and I wish he came to us sooner but the only solution would be to by a p45 or x48 board that has overclocking options unfortunately.

Yes, we all wish the OP might have come to us sooner but he didn't.  I think that he has asked this question elsewhere and didn't find them very helpful either.  If this was a seasoned member of our forums I'd get in on the chiding, but he/she is a new member desperately reaching out and looking for some help.  Telling him/her about the things they should have done doesn't solve the more immediate problem. 

We really need more members to keep joining, sticking around, visiting our pages, reading our articles and clicking on our helpful sponsor links.  This doesn't happen if we can't or don't offer useful help, or have compelling reasons for people to visit our forum or read our content.  Just sayin'.......................

Yes, we all wish the OP might have come to us sooner but he didn't.  I think that he has asked this question elsewhere and didn't find them very helpful either.  If this was a seasoned member of our forums I'd get in on the chiding, but he/she is a new member desperately reaching out and looking for some help.  Telling him/her about the things they should have done doesn't solve the more immediate problem. 

We really need more members to keep joining, sticking around, visiting our pages, reading our articles and clicking on our helpful sponsor links.  This doesn't happen if we can't or don't offer useful help, or have compelling reasons for people to visit our forum or read our content.  Just sayin'.......................

Thank you for your replies, and for the link you gave me, but unfortunately the short-circuiting the motherboard didn't help me!

I tried it when i had a core 2 duo e6600 processor, but it didn't work. I have searched the internet but found nothing, that's why I made this topic and hoped that there is smarter people than me, who can help me or give any hints what to do.

Thank you for your replies, and for the link you gave me, but unfortunately the short-circuiting the motherboard didn't help me!

I tried it when i had a core 2 duo e6600 processor, but it didn't work. I have searched the internet but found nothing, that's why I made this topic and hoped that there is smarter people than me, who can help me or give any hints what to do.

Yeah sorry I haven't been much help, I *have* heard of that contact bridging technique before but it's been a while. Unfortunately I think only another board can solve your need for speed :-/ , maybe you could sell your old parts to pay for it though or keep them as backups

Oh I meant to add that a P35 and X38 would also work for you too, and might make the upgrade even cheaper!

Edited by IVIYTH0S