Guyz i need ur Help.
I am using Q6600 Kentsfield @ 2.4Ghz.
4 GB DDR3 XMS3 1600Mhz.
MSI 5770 Hawk 1GB.
Antec 900 1st Gen. (old)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR mobo
Corsair CX600 PSU.
Win 7 64 bit

i want to Overclock My pc to a Minimum 3.0 Ghz, I am using Stock cooler. When i oc it to 3Ghz the temps rise till 66C.
The TEMPS are attached below.
Kindly give me the settings of the Voltages i have to use to oc it. I also want my ram to atleast work at 1600 Mhz.
Plz help me ..

Thanking you.. smile.gif

post-78547-0-49433000-1365099252_thumb.png

SU - I'm confused by your post and request for help.  According to your post you say that you want help getting to 3.0Ghz but then go on to say that when you set it at 3.0Ghz your temps are too high.  66C on that cpu is fine.

If you've already successfully achieved a 3.0Ghz stable overclock then what is your question?  Temps?  Temps are fine.  If you want us to take a look at the settings you are using to get to 3.0Ghz please feel free to post up your current BIOS settings and we will be happy to take a look at them.

I'd run 400x8 once you get decent cooling. It's a cakewalk on most Q6600s.

SU - I'm confused by your post and request for help.  According to your post you say that you want help getting to 3.0Ghz but then go on to say that when you set it at 3.0Ghz your temps are too high.  66C on that cpu is fine.

If you've already successfully achieved a 3.0Ghz stable overclock then what is your question?  Temps?  Temps are fine.  If you want us to take a look at the settings you are using to get to 3.0Ghz please feel free to post up your current BIOS settings and we will be happy to take a look at them.

well it seems to be stable at times.. But some times on boot it boots up and then switches itself off and starts again.. and the TEMPS are 66C without load.. on load i fear its gonna reach 80.

Plus i want to know that what the settings should i do on the RAM and on the Proc as them dont seem to match and the sys gets slower .

Ex:- when i put the settings to 2.4Ghz ie. 400 X 6. then the Ram goes to 1600 which is the default settings of RAM, but the system gets even more slower.

What should the settings be of that their Cycles SYNC together ????

I recently built a system almost identical to yours except I have DDR2 and a MSI P965 Platinum motherboard. I got mine perfectly stable at 3GHz by bumping up the FSB and then dropping the Memory Frequency. Don't know how that'd work on DDR3 though.

I also suggest a new cooler. I run a Zalman CNPS 9900 and my Q6600 only ever goes above 40c in Prime95. Usually maxes at 28c-35c