Sapphire HD 6850 Toxic Reviewed

Bosco

Another Nice Review ccokeman!

I have said it before, I really like those ATI Cards. That one looks kinda snazzy too, just to bad you said the cooling unit was a bit lacking!

I really dig the 2 new DisplayPorts on the card as well! Thats pretty sexy! Smaller Cables FTW!

New graphs look sweet. Can easily see the reviewed unit since the color is consistent, very nice! :D

Card is nice, wouldn't mind getting one. Though like Chuck said, its too bad the cooler is a bit lacking. I wonder why the change from a vapor chamber to a typical heatpipe solution.

I think the HD 6850 Toxic looks good but in a diffeerent way to the HD 5850 Toxic. The 5850 looked cool whereas this looks more businesslike. I probably like the styling of the 5850 more and it is a shame about the lack of the vapor chamber cooling. Hopefully they'll release a 6870 Toxic at Xmas for me to buy

Glad to see the approval of the new graphs. There was a ton of work behind getting it squared away.

Dont get me wrong about the cooling it does keep the card cool enough for a long and useful life. Its just warmer than others in its class!

The Graphs were heaps better. Much easier to read.

I was a bit disapointed that there was no vapor chamber cooling, although it didn't seem to hold back its overclocking ability.

Yeah me too, usually the Toxic is the factory overclocked Vapor-X