ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe Ion Motherboard Evaluated

Nemo

If you're looking to build an HTPC you're going to need a capable motherboard. Our latest review covers a board that combines an Intel Atom 330 Dual Core processor with an nVidia ION graphics processor. Check out the ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_at3ionti_deluxe/

Where's the 1080p MKV file testing? :P

I have the Acer Revo 3610 ION (dual 330 plus Nvidia 9200M) and the best bit is by far the fact it plays 1080p content without fuss and even carries the sound over HDMI too :)

I was impressed with the FPS on WOW..... based on the pricing of this unit it could be appealing for some.

Testing all depends on where you went. Who cars though. Its a respectable mobo at a pint sized form factory... Too bad for no OC luck or it would have been a fun box. :)

Ion's getting a bit old though.

Still waiting on Ion 2.

But the motherboard itself is pretty nice, could be great for an HTPC.

Ion is terrible. I submitted a video entry to win the HP Mini 311, and everyone hated me because I was supposedly downgrading my current laptop to a more crappier one. 2 weeks after I lost, my mom actually bought that laptop and I was laughing at how slow it was. My mom uses that laptop everyday to hog up my bandwidth. I'm being trolled by my own mother.

Guest ajmatson

This board is quite lovely. Since I have tested it, it has been in HTPC mode in my bedroom. I have a Patriot Box Office there as well but since putting the ION HTPC in my room I barely ever touch the Box Office now. Now instead of having a DVD player, media player and more it is all down into one little power saving device. I was so impressed with the ITX, ATOM, and form factor that I am considering replacing my 1U servers in my server room with ATOM platforms. I mean for the price, size and power usage these little things are beasts.

Ion is terrible.

I agree. If you are trying to render video.

If you're browsing, emailing and playing full 24 megabit Blu Ray content and AVCHD, it's perfect though. And nettops like the Revo, use a whopping 24watts ...

I like it....

I have actually been bugging AJ about the build as I showed my friend the review and he wants one...he has been asking me about HTPCs for a while now and he likes the small form factors....looks like I will be building one of these for my friend :)

I like it....

I have actually been bugging AJ about the build as I showed my friend the review and he wants one...he has been asking me about HTPCs for a while now and he likes the small form factors....looks like I will be building one of these for my friend :)

ION for 1080p files is simply superb. I run XBMC through the Windows nightly builds, and it's fantastic. XBMC is really very good.

Honestly the 189.00 price tag is pretty decent if you really think about it....

you get wi-fi as a bonus...you get the board AND a remote...

if you bought a mATX board and bought a wi-fi adapter and a Logitec Harmony or DiNovo mini remote you'd be well over 250.00....so I say the 189.00 price point of the Asus board is PERFECT...