which is better?

Guest Black gold saw.

Guest Black gold saw.

From a standpoint of PURE performance which is better at cooling?

Corsair h40 or hyper 212+?

Hmm.. How is the h40 over priced?

In aus at least it costs $85 for performance on par or worse than a 212+ at the $85 price you could get the much better performing Noctura D14. Newegg price $60 (compared to $30 212+ or $35 EVO) and at $60 on newegg you could get a NZXT Havik 140mm or a CM 612 for a little less money but still much better than the H40.

In aus at least it costs $85 for performance on par or worse than a 212+ at the $85 price you could get the much better performing Noctura D14. Newegg price $60 (compared to $30 212+ or $35 EVO) and at $60 on newegg you could get a NZXT Havik 140mm or a CM 612 for a little less money but still much better than the H40.

Not to mention the LOUDNESS of those Corsair fans.. Same as those on the H100s and when I plugged both of them at 12V, I ducked when I thought a plane was gonna hit me :P

Much better off with the Hyper212. All Corsair H series aren't worth the price IMO unless you absolutely want a (insert sarcasm here) "water" cooled CPU or need the clearance. But I do love the H100 :D

Not to mention the LOUDNESS of those Corsair fans.. Same as those on the H100s and when I plugged both of them at 12V, I ducked when I thought a plane was gonna hit me :P

Much better off with the Hyper212. All Corsair H series aren't worth the price IMO unless you absolutely want a (insert sarcasm here) "water" cooled CPU or need the clearance. But I do love the H100 :D

Or if you get one on sale for $40 from Best Buy ;) (H50) but yeah I agree otherwise

If you look at my review of the H40, you can see that with both in their stock configuration, the H40 decimates the 212 Plus. My average load on the 212 Plus was almost 80 C. The average Load temp on the H40 was right under 63 C. BTW, Both were tested on the same system with the same configuration.

So there is the data for you to look at. All we can do is suggest and try to guide you; it's up to you what you consider most important.

Edited by alishathomaz

If you look at my review of the H40, you can see that with both in their stock configuration, the H40 decimates the 212 Plus. My average load on the 212 Plus was almost 80 C. The average Load temp on the H40 was right under 63 C. BTW, Both were tested on the same system with the same configuration.

So there is the data for you to look at. All we can do is suggest and try to guide you; it's up to you what you consider most important.

Where is your review? Linky linky please.

Where is your review? Linky linky please.

^ This please..

Honestly, I've yet to see anyone review the H40 in great detail.. When compared with the H50, the 212+ only losses a few degrees (1-3C), I think it's safe to bet the H40 wouldn't be as good as the H50.

Guest Black gold saw.

Is the H60 better then the hyper 212+?

Iv'e had 3 personal experiences with the H50, Megahalems and Silver arrow.

On a core i7 950 @ 4.22GHZ @ 1.325V my temps were:

H50 = 46C idle 74C load

Megahalems = 39-40C idle 77C load

Silver arrow = 37C idle 74C load.

But, i'm using a i5 2500K.. So the H60 is better then the H50?

Guest Black gold saw.

Ah..

I'm just kicking the idea around of getting a better cooler. The Hyper 212+ Does it's job for me quite well. No justification really to upgrade. However If i WERE to upgrade i would have to get something ACTUALLY worth shelling out for..