Google Chrome

Phil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets to a point where one browser is just like the next. I'll give Chrome a try but it's going to take some hard work for Google to unseat Firefox and IE.

Going by the current offering, they won't anytime soon. :P

They have some innovative stuff going on, each tab a separate process, but I don't know. I'm not sure I trust google not to track me.

Kids these days and your misplaced paranoia. :rolleyes:

So far I like it, feels faster than FF3.0 (by quite a bit) but otherwise it works and that's really all that can be said.

It's fast, but since it's based on WebKit, it's essentially using the same engine as Safari on my Mac, so I've experienced this speed already. Sure, it looks nice, but I'm gonna stick with Firefox solely for its extensions.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner - exactly why I am a bit more than a little reluctant to download Chrome.

I hear that. My firewall asked for a whole lot of permissions when installing it, and it left GoogleUpdater running, something that I always leave off. No doubt Chrome is phoning home, but so do other apps, I guess it's about how much you trust Google.

I am a little dismayed about how Google is edging more and more towards Yahoo in the junkware department.

It's fast, but since it's based on WebKit, it's essentially using the same engine as Safari on my Mac, so I've experienced this speed already. Sure, it looks nice, but I'm gonna stick with Firefox solely for its extensions.

Does it disallow active x like safari?