Powercolor Devil 13 7990 Reviewed

Bosco

A pair of Sapphire 7970s is $760 after rebate from Newegg...I can't imagine they'll find many buyers for these monsters. The only reason the 4870X2 was popular when it came out was because it was cheaper than a pair of 4870s. Every dual-GPU card since then has cost more than a single card while prices for Crossfire/SLI capable motherboards have fallen. If it was 10% more or something that's one thing...but this is over 30% more than a pair of 7970s! :teehee:

I don't see the point really although the engineering is obviously awesome. :D

Question i have for temp's is what is noise level of cooler? Cause for most ppl like me if it sounds like a jet to get those low temps then its a deal killer

With them at 100% it is loud, But let me preface that with the fact that a blower equipped 6990 at 100% is louder.

the 6990 is an ungodly banshee, i hated mine from the instant i got it till the instant i put a better cooler on it, then it was great.

Good to hear it isnt as loud as a 6990, that would make for a painful card

Wasn't the 6990 even louder than the 5970? :lol:

Why yes ...yes it was!

When you look at the price point it is expensive but comparable to the GTX 690.

It is s niche card much like the GTX 690 and only a few will be produced. For a grand PowerColor took care of the cooling, PCB and performance. Its like owning a Ferrari, its expensive, brash, and gets you where you are going within the confines of the law. A $13K Hyundai does the same thing just for a lot less money and just as fast when driving the speed limit. Which do you want to drive? Cards at this level are about bragging rights and really hardcore gaming at extended resolutions