Forums Upgraded

Bosco

When I get email notifications for forum replies it now has all the emails grouped by topic and who posted so I get about 10x as may emails instead of having them all in one subject with 60 replies. CHANGE IT BACK. I don't care who posted the reply. I just want to know that there were new replies for a topic and to have the link to take me to the replies.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get email notifications for forum replies it now has all the emails grouped by topic and who posted so I get about 10x as may emails instead of having them all in one subject with 60 replies. CHANGE IT BACK. I don't care who posted the reply. I just want to know that there were new replies for a topic and to have the link to take me to the replies.

I mentioned that in the other thread, The forum has gone mobile!, because my phone was able to group together the emails into their threads, because it reads the first part of the subject line to figure that out (apparently) but now it doesn't. The draw back to this new system is when I got 20+ messages I have to delete each one separately from the phone, but before when it grouped them together I could delete a group at a time. Your point though is a very good one. The information that will be important to people is the thread, not the person, so that should be first.

Should be an easy fix. The mouseover has remained orange.

Cool, it just helps to stand out without an accidental mouse-over.

Also I noticed the quick-edit is gone too :(

I just got a new droid phone and I like how easy the site it is to use. But the default cholor scheme looks wierd. Its not the standard OCC colors. Its a wierd muted blue.

I just got a new droid phone and I like how easy the site it is to use. But the default cholor scheme looks wierd. Its not the standard OCC colors. Its a wierd muted blue.

Are you talking about the mobile version of the site or the regular one??

Also I noticed the quick-edit is gone too :(

Oh, you're right....didn't notice that. That sucks! The quick edit was really convenient for quick-n-simple spelling/typo corrections.

Are you talking about the mobile version of the site or the regular one??

I assume its the mobile one, the front page looks normal, but when I go into the forums everything is a light blue and laid out different then normal.

Not a bug, but a suggestion - On threads with multiple pages, where it may say "2 pages" in the upper left next to the page numbers, it's white text on a light gray background which is difficult to read.

it changes color to dark grey when you switch page... don't really know why...

I assume its the mobile one, the front page looks normal, but when I go into the forums everything is a light blue and laid out different then normal.

Idk, I don't use mobile versions of websites. Why not just configure your browser (Dolphin HD and xScope are great ones) to display the pages for a desktop computer??

Oh, you're right....didn't notice that. That sucks! The quick edit was really convenient for quick-n-simple spelling/typo corrections.

Yeah I know, it worked on my phone too! I loved that feature