Tomb Raider (2013)

bp9801

It should be on my doorstep when I get home. :)

I wanted to go PC but figured I would enjoy this more with a controller.   Plus SC2 releases next week so I'm not sure I want two distractions on my PC.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to go PC but figured I would enjoy this more with a controller.   Plus SC2 releases next week so I'm not sure I want two distractions on my PC.

like you cant play tr without a controller

i play the game with a controller on my pc so why shouldnt you? ;D

See the 2nd part of my statement. :tongue:

Also, with platformers like this and games like Uncharted I just enjoy sitting on the sofa while playing.

See the 2nd part of my statement. :tongue:

Also, with platformers like this and games like Uncharted I just enjoy sitting on the sofa while playing.

again why cant you enjoy games on the sofa with a pc? ;P

again why cant you enjoy games on the sofa with a pc? ;P

Personal preference.  I like the PC in its own room (office sounds lame but thats what it is I guess).

Games that I play on the PC I tend to be more alert and care more about my posture.  It's kind of hard (for me) to be a good StarCraft player while chillin' on the sofa.   Also games where I don't care much about immersion and want to do multiple things at once (listen to music, watch TV, etc.) I tend to get on the PC where I have all that in one place.

The living room is where I just want to lounge on the sofa and play some games where posture doesn't matter.  Usually I also get games where immersion matters more to me as well because there is no other distraction than the game I am playing on the TV.

The amount of games I strictly play on the console is very limited.  I'm a PC Gamer but not because I think the PC is superior.  The PC is what I started out on and its what I know best.  Though I really appreciate console games too.  I find them fun. I like the simplicity.  I like inviting people over and competing on fighting and racing games - tho its pretty rare these days... like single digit days in a year tho fun when it happens.

But I separate the two platforms ...even if I do have two consoles in the office (man that sounds old folgy'ish ...but maybe I am old, I'm no longer in school).   While I do love my TV and console I have to be in a different mindset for that.  I think I went either two full years, close to or maybe even more without using the TV to a play game and easily have gone months without even turning on the TV. 

Anyhow, I'm not sure why I spent so much time explaining this.  TLDR; I like the PC in the PC (Geek) Room and the console in the TV Room.

I have gotten around to playing it yet but I heard nothing but good things from people I know in person.  Ok one guy was hating on it at first because he said it started off slow but he apologized and is loving it now.  I'm waiting for at least a 4hr block window because I know I will probably get sucked in so if I try to rush it I might annoyed at myself.

Wow I just finished the game, and my god did Crystal Dynamics do a fine job at rebooting the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider series. The game felt a lot like Uncharted at times, but thats good because Uncharted is what a modern Tomb Raider should feel like lol... 

The game did a great job at hinting at the origin story of Lara, but didn't go too much in depth just hinted at little things about the character. Like

How she got the dual pistols.

I almost wish they would of held out for the next gen console as the graphics would of been so much more amazing (they were pretty good as it stands).

The story was just the right size too, not one of those 2-3 hour Call of Failuty games out there, I litterally spent upwards of 12+ or more on the game, not to mention all the side stuff that I missed that I might go back and do. 

The game almost felt like Tomb Raider/Uncharted meets Assassins Creed, as there are secret tombs much like in AC where you have the assassins tombs that focus on the platforming aspect. 

Amazing game over all. I can't wait to see what more this tallent team over at Crystal Dynamics can do :D

BTW I found myself using the bow more than any other weapon in the game, the bow was amazing! I tried to play as stealthy as possible, going for those ninja kills :D

Edited by greengiant912

• 2 weeks later...

So did anyone else notice that she is using Dr. Dre Beats headphones? Apparently she's also using an iPhone 4. Not only do these things suggest the game is set in very modern times, but that she also follows trends, she might be a top notch explorer but I think Lara could do with some learning in technology yet. :teehee:

Just started playing this the other night, so far it's been fairly enjoyable, I'm no Tomb Raider fan, played part of the original and a little of Anniversary. This one is definitely more enjoyable than those before it I think. I'm about 30% through it so far and overall I would say CD did a pretty good job with it. It plays smoothly for the most part, the combat is pretty basic so far but I like that, I don't think this kind of game needs complex combat. The platforming isn't too bad, but there are definitely areas where I think the design was just poor and left me frustrated more than challenged. The controls aren't the best but I don't think I've seen too many games mix shooting with platforming and have a spectacular control scheme, something like that might be easier on a console, this game definitely feels like it might play better with a controller.

My only real beef with the game so far is the lack of guidance, meaning the controls, they could have made it clearer how to interact and what to press at certain times.

• 4 months later...

Old thread but I am about 75 percent through the main story.  If The Last of Us didn't come out this is the GOTY in my opinion.  Game is epic.  To see Lara struggle and be emotionally conflicted is awesome.  Great story, puzzles and action.  They did dumb down the puzzles a little but they are decent.  You should definitely pick this up.  I am playing on PS3.