Merging drives

Pteroduck

Hi, does anyone know how to merge a drive?

I had a 320gb hard drive that i partitioned, 160 for windows7 160  for ubuntu 12.04

im planning to give someone else the hard drive and it only has 150gb's 

is there anyway i can merge the unbuntu with the windows 7 to get 320gb's again? ( yes im formatting it)

by the way, in windows 7 i cant see the other half of the drive

since you're giving away the HDD, format it beforehand then. what do you mean to merge btw?

by the way, in windows 7 i cant see the other half of the drive

you have to assign drive letter/format the "missing" drive first via win7 disk management tool.

Fire up disk management and delete all partitions, then create a new one and you should be set.

Computer Management > Disk Management > select drive > delete all partitions > create new partition

I can give more details or an alternate method and what not if need be.

For what it's worth, MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition is an excellent freeware partition manager. It does not allow merging of partitions, but the work-around like the others mentioned would be to delete partition 2 and then extend partition 1 to the now empty partition 2. The software is also available in a bootable ISO.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Edited by Zenphic

• 5 weeks later...

For what it's worth, MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition is an excellent freeware partition manager. It does not allow merging of partitions, but the work-around like the others mentioned would be to delete partition 2 and then extend partition 1 to the now empty partition 2. The software is also available in a bootable ISO.

Yeah but if it can be done in disk management then why waste your time with this software? are there any other perceived advantages? if not then I don't see why anyone should use it.

Yeah but if it can be done in disk management then why waste your time with this software? are there any other perceived advantages? if not then I don't see why anyone should use it.

+1 :withstupid: