Android issue

kennethk

I'm not sure if this is just for security, but I'm trying to unzip files on my phones internal memory and it wont let me, the only way I can extract is if I move the folder to my desktop then drag the extracted folder back to my phones internal memory. Is this a normal security method with Andoird 4.3? Or is it just because I'm using 7zip? I downloaded winrar and tried making it my default program but no luck it stills hows as 7zip.

When you have more than one software that can open a certain file you either change the defaults in file properties or just right click and pick either 7zip or winrar.

What phone do you have and what error do you get when you try extracting straight in the phone's memory? I never had any issues with my Note II.

Why are you unzipping folders? Zipped folders are the best thing for someone on android. I have folders of folders of zips. They're used for all sorts of things when you're installing things via CWM Recovery. APKs are also technically zipped files.

Android is annoying when it comes to accessing files.

Even something as simple as showing the remaining time for the upload/download or the data rate, it just doesn't even bother trying.

I never have a problem seeing upload/download rates and the data rate is probably viewable with different apps/widgets, or even a developer setting.