Dual screen setup , one screen connected to the gpu and one on the mot

I tried it last night on my setup.  i5-3570k, Z77 mobo, gtx 560.  It didn't work.  Only the screen connected to the 560 had a display and I couldn't find any setting to allow the other screen to display from the mobo.

I normally run SLI 560s (2nd screen to 2d card) and had pulled one out for a quick check and decided to try this.  I was surprised it didn't work.  I didn't bother with even looking at any bios settings, just the NvCP and windows display settings.  So I didn't work at it or anything, but it didn't work out of the box for me. 

Did you download the Intel VGA drivers? It won't work without them.

I installed the chipset drivers when I put this thing together recently.  I started off running video off the mobo before adding my cards in.  But I didn't go download anything else or new yesterday.

Are you sure that the integrated gpu is enabled from the motherboard bios? It may be an issue where it is set to auto settings in the bios, which most of the time will disable the integrated gpu when there is a dedicated card present. I would double check the bios settings, make sure that the integrated gpu is set to on and then try again.

I installed the chipset drivers when I put this thing together recently.  I started off running video off the mobo before adding my cards in.  But I didn't go download anything else or new yesterday.

There are VGA drivers that come separate from the chipset drivers. Download those.

I'm using three displays on my i5-3570K with GTX680. The GTX680 has a 32" Samsung and a 55" 3D Samsung plugged into it. I also have a second 32" Samsung utilizing the Intel iGPU via my motherboard's HDMI port. It works very smoothly. I only use the second 32" as a browsing monitor, the gaming is done on either the 32" plugged into the GTX680 or the 55" which is also plugged into the GTX680.