Twocenst Build Log

wevsspot

dr_bowtie's brother JR is having a new rig put together my none other than me :)

So I thought I'd be a nice guy and put up a build log that he will always have. His hardware list;

Motherboard - MSI Big Bang Xpower x58

CPU - Intel i7 950 @ 3.6Ghz

Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600Mhz 3x4Gb

Video Card - Gigabyte 560Ti

Power Supply - OCZ ZT Series 750W Modular

SSD - Muskin Enhanced Chronos 120Gb

Case - LianLi Lancool K62

Motherboard and cpu were purchased from me, but other hardware started arriving today. Video card, power supply, memory and case;

6793693954_95992f9b83_z.jpg

6793694016_8325ed3d57_z.jpg

4960606277_a1c38db95b_z.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee, self bump much? :lol:

looks like a very solid machine, and the price on that 950 and mobo was great, i paid 350 for my cpu alone when i first got it, and another 350 for my mobo :angry:

Edited by Muchoman1

gee, self bump much? :lol:

Ha, ha..... no just making sure I have a few slots to post updates, notes and comments before all you Yahoos start chiming in :)

Yo Wev I just spoke to Jr in vent and he said that he has changed his mind and would prefer that you sent it to me instead. :)

I know that JR is a very generous person - but he ain't that generous.

I don't think you have enough PCI-E slots on the motherboard. Best you get a new one... I'm very willing to take the old one off your hands as well. :lol:

Well, ya all missed out. I had the motherboard and cpu in the [FS] thread for a week - combo deal for $260 and the only responses I got was one guy who thought he could buy both for $170 and another one who said that he would just buy an i5 and socket 1155 motherboard for those prices......... hmm whatever :)

This combo is a genuine 4.56Ghz for benching under water and runs 4.1Ghz 24/7. As solid a motherboard & cpu combination as I've ever had. Both components are still selling for over $250 a piece new for those so inclined to stick with slightly older generation chipset. Anyway, JR is happy with the purchase and I know the gear is going to someone who will get some use out of it and really appreciate his new rig.

The nice thing is he gets into this whole new setup for less than 1k when it's all said and done.