Intel K Spec Core I7 875 And Core I5 655 Reviewed

Bosco

Though the results are impressive, I'll probably wait until I have to redo my entire setup before I go to Intel. Strange considering we have a 32nm plant not twenty minutes away...

With some watercooling Frank looks to see how far he can push the new Intel i7 875 and Core i5 655 CPU's.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_kspec_i7875_i5655/

another kick @ss review Frank....any idea when the i7-875's will be available for retail....from what i've seen the usual sources don't have them yet...

another kick @ss review Frank....any idea when the 17-875's will be available for retail....from what i've seen the usual sources don't have them yet...

The review said soon, so maybe within a few weeks? Most NDAs are lifted a couple of weeks in advance, least they seem to be anyway.

Anyways, nice review, both parts look really good. Kind of makes me really want one. :lol: Six core AMD or unlocked multiplier Intel...

The review said soon, so maybe within a few weeks? Most NDAs are lifted a couple of weeks in advance, least they seem to be anyway.

For Intel parts, yes. Oh no that's true; NVIDIA also did that with Fermi. Besides that, the vast majority of NDA lifts are the same date as the actual product hits retail...

For Intel parts, yes. Oh no that's true; NVIDIA also did that with Fermi. Besides that, the vast majority of NDA lifts are the same date as the actual product hits retail...

Yeah, I was going with the last few NDAs that have happened.. especially the Fermi one. I kind of miss the majority (what with the recent trend) of the NDAs getting lifted and then you see the part in the store or on Newegg or something that day or the next day.

I probably completely missed where you mentioned this....

But what cooling type/brand were you testing these 2 new chips with?

Jager

This was done on water

That is unless you were one of the minority that bought the top of the line Extreme Edition processors that were unlocked and may very well have been made of unobtainium based on the pricing structure of the Extreme Edition.

Nerd... :P