Recommended Cases List

oops. :whistling:

But the 600T does have a cooling issue IMO. Temps are pretty high compared to even some cheap little cases. Just take a look at any of the past case reviews I've got up. It doesn't compare very well. :(

review results

It even sucks at idle!!

Huh, that is weird. OC3D actually liked it in their review. I like the white version mostly for the window and the cable management. It always seemed like a good solid case to me. :dunno:

I wonder if Fogel will chime in. I know he has the 600T. Maybe he could explain his thoughts. :dunno:

Edit: oh I almost forgot. Your link is somehow directed to the Pink NZXT phantom. ......................I sure hope that wasn't a joke because I will look like an idiot for saying that.

Also for the list, how about the Bitfenix shinobi? I know it has some heating issues, but it is a great case to mod if you are into that sort of thing.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Also for the list, how about the Bitfenix shinobi? I know it has some heating issues, but it is a great case to mod if you are into that sort of thing.

I've only had experience with their Outlaw -- needless to say it didn't go well. Not trying to hate on ALL cases -- just not a fan when it can't handle a little heat. :D

Edit: oh I almost forgot. Your link is somehow directed to the Pink NZXT phantom. ......................I sure hope that wasn't a joke because I will look like an idiot for saying that.

I'm fairly sure the point was that the 600T is almost always at the higher end of the scale in terms of temps. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. That case always calls my name to paint it. The black panels and the white/silver side just make the perfect canvas.

Hi all I am a systems builder and have been for over a decade so I have seen and built many cases my favorites to build are hi end ATX Full towers and after working with many I prefer the ANTEC 1200 the DF85 is a stripped down 1200 saving the manufacturer money don't get

me wrong its still a nice case but knowing the plus minus of both the 1200 gets my vote a perfect situation would be putting the DF85 fans with their easy release fans for convienient filter cleaning on the 1200 and we would have a nearly perfect beast. Lots of airflow good cable management

cleanable filters adjustable fans room for water cooling and large graphics cards I have worked with other cases they all have some nice features but over all the ANTEC 1200 is the standard overall in my book, there are better painted cases or nicer ones to look at but the ANTEC

is tuff as nails where others are pretty they have clicking acrylic or plastic the 1200 is not for lugging around either if you aren't hosting buy a cart for LAN parties or be a buff nerd or something :) Outside of that there is little down side to this case.

I want to throw in my second of Ed's rec on the Fractal arc midi case..

All the things Ed stated, good cable management, great air flow and flexibility in the cooling set up. Can use water or air. This is a well constructed case with a lot of attention to detail given.

After 3 weeks with it I am very pleased I chose this case. Plenty of room for future changes/ additions..

I am running with 5 case fans currently , 3 stock fractal (included) 140mm and 2 x 140mm cougar, plus the cooler master cpu fan, but will accept up to 8 case fans. It hums along nicely not loud just a pleasant sound of air moving quietly along.. , I highly recommend the cougar fans, they push a good bit of air and are quiet and seem to be very well made.(German manufacture, except for the fact they are not square which means they wont fit in the front intake slot retainer clips on the fractal)

The Fractal is what I would term a sophisticated looking urban mechanical style no doubt a product of their Swedish influence, it can blend in or is attractive enough to be a point of attention, Front Power button and USB's, (2 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0. Case also comes with a dual 3.0 usb panel that includes wiring that can be placed into one of the front 5.25 bays if desired ) audio jacks and reset are nicely and conveniently placed for under desk floor placement on front top location. Just as comparison on my Dell I have to bend down and try to look into the sliding door to see the front usb's and audio ports as they are not really visible with it sitting on the floor... kind of a pain, The fractal design eliminates that.

One note, with the psu at the bottom rear and psu fan in downward position you do not want to place the case directly on carpet as it would block the air flow to psu. (I have a nice piece of wood cut to fit placed under it as a base. works nicely:))

The interior is quite spacious . Attention to detail is obvious. Mobo standoffs are all labeled for whichever form board used, interior completely powder coated in black, ample room for cable management behind mobo panel and all cable routes ported with rubber grommets. Removable mid HD cage for air flow and vid card considerations if needed. All parts of case fit very snugly... Documentation states will accept dual 120mm radiator for water cooling in top area.

I would recommend anyone looking for an elegant case solution in the $75 - $175 range to check this case out.

http://www.fractal-d...egory=2&prod=57

NZXT Phantom gets another one.

Pros:

Unique look

Great airflow

Good cable management

SSD/2.5" Support in all internal 3.5" drive bays.

Lots of room to work with

Quiet

Price (relatively cheap)

lightweight

Cons:

Fingerprints and dust highly visible (on the case I was working with)

No front fan included

200mm fans MUST be NZXT fans

Case panels seem somewhat flimsy

Damn nice case to work with. Not sure how it would do if someone wanted to WC it, but any air cooling guys would do well with this one.