help newbie choose a video card

Good to hear. keep us posted. :)

to update this. im waiting for an evga gtx 570 to arrive.

my question is will either of these psu's going to be enough for the card?

http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supplies/thermaltake-smart-530w-80-1665.html

http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supplies/silverstone-st60f-600w.html

will sli the card when games will be more demanding than a gtx570 :biggrin:

but for now any of those two?

i can also pick up this

http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supplies/corsair-tx-750w-80.html

but will take probably a month to come up for a budget for it.

my board is an asus f1a55-m lx

amd a6-3500 :rofl: just for the meantime

two 4gb kingston hyper x

500gb seagate barracuda

CMIIW but the A75/55 boards doesn't support SLI so you'll have to change your rig entirely to do SLI.

As for the PSU, if you're gonna SLI Two GTX570s, I'd recommend getting a 850W PSU.

:withstupid:

Besides, games are made so that they can run on a crappy xbox 360 so the system requirements curve for games along the recent years has been somewhat logarithmic. Until the next xbox comes out games will not get any more demanding and even my 2 year old gtx 470 slices through any games on ultra at 1920x1080.

CMIIW but the A75/55 boards doesn't support SLI so you'll have to change your rig entirely to do SLI.

As for the PSU, if you're gonna SLI Two GTX570s, I'd recommend getting a 850W PSU.

:withstupid:

And a good PSu having at least 850Watt is necessary for SLI setup.

i see.. but for now i dont have plans yet to SLI the cards. maybe a couple of years from now but at that tym 850w to 1000w psu's might be cheaper and boards that supports SLI's.

I would say to go with the silver stone PSU.

The thing is that SLI is kind of a rarity these days. So many single cards can play most games well, that SLI is becoming overkill. Not to mention that with all the new or upcoming die shrinks, PCs are using less energy. So if you run into a bunch of money down the road, don't buy a second, old, and power hungry card, just upgrade to a power efficient mega fast card.

unfortunalety they the shop that im buying has no stock of the thermaltake smart 630w.

they have the silver stone 600w though and a thermaltake smart 730w. so i grab the 730w instead. price difference was on the silverstone was only $10

ditch that store bro, browse here and here cause they have much more to offer, and you can save +- hundred bucks somehow.

note the price difference with the corsair TX750M, you cant go wrong with the Antec TP750 @ PHP 4,500 either.

Edited by sword_fish
  • Like 1

iv contacted pchub last week when i got interested in their saphire hd 6950.

unfortunately they will not ship their items.

i gave dynaquestpc a call they can ship but they do not have a stock on the antec tp750

i am in bohol btw so it kinda sucks..