SATA 2/3 Card

d3athsd00r

Will do. Just realized I forgot to check if it will work in linux considering Fedora is my daily, luckily it does. *phew*

I wouldn't have recommended it if it wouldn't have. :lol: I don't buy "Windows only" hardware unless I really have to since I tend to run Linux on a fair number of my machines.

I wouldn't have recommended it if it wouldn't have. :lol: I don't buy "Windows only" hardware unless I really have to since I tend to run Linux on a fair number of my machines.

Everything seems to be initializing and recognizing. Going to try to figure out how I want to have everything setup. Not sure how well fedora will take to being cloned onto a new drive and I don't really want to reinstall.

However, the SATA card won't work with my DVD drive. Is this normal?

Edited by razerfanboi

Optical drives tend to be a picky bunch - I've had good luck with other optical drives on the same controller that's on the card you bought. It's possible the BIOS on it doesn't support optical drives though. :(

In that case you'll have to run it off of one of the internal SATA ports on your motherboard but from the look of things that doesn't seem like it'll be much of an issue.

Optical drives tend to be a picky bunch - I've had good luck with other optical drives on the same controller that's on the card you bought. It's possible the BIOS on it doesn't support optical drives though. :(

In that case you'll have to run it off of one of the internal SATA ports on your motherboard but from the look of things that doesn't seem like it'll be much of an issue.

Its not, I have enough ports for it to work. I'm probably going to move my 640GB Green drive over to the SATA card as well, just to make sure I have a spare sata port for future use.

You wouldn't happen to know any Linux SSD optimizations? I've found the noatime,nodiratime,discard mount options and that I need to properly align the partitions before doing anything major with it, but do you know of any other optimizations out there?