Buying a laptop

DanTheGamer11

Sadly I also want some power and that doesn't tend to come in a small package or configured the way I want. I'll see what the dealio is with the warranty(Am in Ireland whereas company is German), might find something lighter during that time. Maybe at the weekend, College first :)

Just remember that large items are obviously a painm in the ass, I made that mistake in getting a 17.3" laptop. If you plan to carry it around just don't get a big one. I think 11-15"s are pretty awesome then larger notebooks, found that out the hard way. Just make sure it has HD out and you can always connect to a bigger display as I usually ues a 32" display with my laptop

I have a feeling I'll probably get that Latitude I posted in the OP for some reason, I'll just wait till the company replies, if they're good then I can have a look at their wide range. It's a shame that GX60 is so badly bottlenecked by the processor, shoulda stuck in an i5 or something

Edited by DanTheGamer11

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can recommend the CLEVO P375SM,.. I have been using clevos for years,.. they make vary solid laptop.

http://www.newgaminglaptop.com/i/clevo-p375sm-review-only-the-best-for-the-pc-gamer/

Well considering that it starts at like $1,800 sorta puts it out of my budget :P Unless of course you're willing to pay the difference  :lol:

Your better off buying the parts and building an adapter for most cards, it's much cheaper,..Twin-GPU cards are more difficult to accommodate,..Good Luck  :lol:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/e-gpu-external-graphics-discussion/418851-diy-egpu-experiences.html

Edited by Braegnok

Dang man a Desktop CPU in a laptop is crazy xD 

But I think I might go with the Inspiron 7000 series... it's EU law to have 2 years warranty on electrical goods :D I dunno :(

The German website support replied and said that if the manufacturer in the country(no MSI Ireland :( ) doesn't want to help I can always send it back to them for the 2 years and they'll pass it to the company... just wasn't clear if they ship it back to me for free. Not sure the GX60 is so good considering you can't lower game settings and get many FPS for doing so :/ That and the keyboard(90 pounds for UK one off amazon).

Edited by DanTheGamer11