We Need New Guides

Bosco

I could write a few guides on some stuff, though I dunno about getting any pics until I get back from my vacation. :lol:

What all kinds of guides are you looking for Dave?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Key question right there.

Unfortunately all I can think of for what I could do is setting up an nVidia card for PhysX and Folding while an ATi runs the display. We've already got a thread on the PhysX, but it seems not everyone is successful with the folding.

Let us know what you'd like, and maybe something we can write up something we're not thinking of.

I could write a few guides on some stuff, though I dunno about getting any pics until I get back from my vacation. :lol:

Key question right there.

Unfortunately all I can think of for what I could do is setting up an nVidia card for PhysX and Folding while an ATi runs the display. We've already got a thread on the PhysX, but it seems not everyone is successful with the folding.

Let us know what you'd like, and maybe something we can write up something we're not thinking of.

I am open to your suggestions. If you have an idea I would like to hear it. The one thing about guides is the sky is the limit there is no shortage of what to write about. The PhysX , folding etc is all great stuff. How to install Windows, how to install windows from a thumbdrive, how to update video drivers etc etc there is so much. So whatever you guys would like to do I am listening.

I read this quickly and thought you said we needed more guidos. I've got Jersey Shore on the brain. :lol:

:pfp: I will just ignore that post :lol:

Things that come to mind:

• A Basic PC Glossary (A basic guide on what all the components of a PC are, what they do and possibly even going into some technical detail on HOW they do what they do.)
  • How to overclock (Things have changed so drastically over the years that any guide we have on OCC is majorly outdated), I'm thinking possibly even separate guides for AMD and Intel and possibly separate guides for ATi and nVidia as well.
  • How to build and setup a HTPC
  • How to build a NAS rig or a generic networked storage access guide (link from the HTPC guide to a section on networked media streaming?)
  • A storage guide (detailing RAID types and a section on SSDs)
  • Modding guides (No one seems to do this as often as I remember but we need to revamp or redo a lot of the generic modding guides that we have, adding a blowhole fan, adding a sidepanel fan and maybe a guide on lighting?)
  • F@H guide (So many things to talk about between CPU and GPU folding to running linux based clients and even basic terms like what PPD means and what folding is), maybe even have it be a generic distributed folding guide as there are some decent programs like GPUGrid that help amalgamate different causes under one program.

:dunno:

I am pretty good at making things look "Ghetto" but I don't think I could make a guide showing you how to do this.. It's just one of them things that come naturally to me lol!

I am pretty good at making things look "Ghetto" but I don't think I could make a guide showing you how to do this.. It's just one of them things that come naturally to me lol!

"A Guide of things that occur naturally to Chuck" :lol:

Honestly folks - if you can't see a guide there, then that's a guide that is likely to be useful.

If you think you can be of service, then go for it! It's also a good opportunity to get your work in the public domain in front of a very large audience :) OCC gets some very high hits for articles you know!