The Witcher 5-Years Later Reviewed

Bosco

I actually just downloaded The Witcher yesterday, after seeing the VGX trailer for The Witcher 3. It's a fantastic game. Lots of quests to be done and I feel that it has aged very well. Solid game worth playing.

I got burnt out on the second chapter in the first Witcher, too much back and forth. Shame as I was really liking the style of it.

Interesting...the general consensus is that the first part of the game (roughly 4-6 hrs) is the insufferable part, but you're rewarded if you can trudge through it.

It was actually The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the franchise that gave me the idea to review some older games. That first trailer for it just blew me away, and until it's released, the best we can do is play the previous games. That means there could be people who had never played the previous games before becoming interested in the franchise, because of what is coming next. There may even be some new gamers who had never heard of the franchise before Wild Hunt. Also, both Witcher games are common items in Steam sales (and probably GOG sales too, I just don't monitor that site as much) when again there may be new interest in them.

GOG has both Witcher games on sale fairly often, considering GOG is a wholly owned subsidiary of CDP. Also why everything on GOG has no DRM. :lol: Speaking of, Witcher 2 is on sale for $10 and Witcher 1 is only $5. Can't really pass up either one for a DRM-free copy, not to mention more extras than you can shake a stick at.