NZXT Phantom Build

TheyCallMeGunny

My computer. Just got it installed into the Phantom case last night.

*Have installed on/off switches for every fan (even PSU LED) since posting this, but not worried about re-recording unless someone specifically asks. Now every fan (except front 140mm R4) has a toggle switch. So the case can be pitch black for gaming or when I don't feel like having lights on, except the top panel indicators and the front intake fan are always on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35pXMcIBDw

CPU- AMD Phenom II X3 555 BE Overclocked to 4.25GHz (4.6GHz when the AC is on.)

RAM- 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1840 8-9-8-17

MOBO- ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3

GPU- MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II + XFX GTS 250 1GB Core Edition PhysX Processor.

Sound: ASUS Xonar DG + Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headphones.

PSU- RAIDMAX R530SS 530W Blue LED Modular

Plans for future changes:

**Add 4GB of RAM, same stuff I have now.

**Get a reasonable SSD for Windows and BF3, only things that really need it.

**Attempt to mod my 200m side fan in, trying to find the last intrusive way to do it. I know it's possible, it's the "least intrusive" part I'm having trouble with.

**Build a new desk, I miss my old one :(

**I don't plan to watercool. It's actually very quiet, and would be cheaper to just get a better quad core CPU. I may eventually do this, but with all the money I recently spent that won't be happening right away.

And I think that's about it. I actually PREFER my case this way, without the window mod. Personally the dark look is nice to me, so I won't be adding a window unless I smack my head really hard one day.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Looks good :thumbsup:

My issue with the Phantom is that it bleeds my ears when I populate all the fan slots with NZXT fans :wacko:

See, the ones I got are practically silent. The noise you heard was the air conditioner. The two side panel LED intakes (Cooler Master Sickle Flow [Renamed to R4 at some point in time] are the loudest, but also push a lot more air than the NZXT fans that were originally there. I'm debating whether or not to switch them back, but I like the effect they give to the side panel.

Oh, the front intake is also a Cooler Master R4, just a 140mm one. The top fans are intake-exhaust (front-back) because it cools better. I know the advertised dual exhaust is considered optimal, but it doesn't cool as well for me. Maybe it's helping my push/pull hyper 212+, but it just works better for me. I initially had dual exhaust for a few hours before switching, and it gave me about 6C cooler temps on mobo/cpu temperatures.

I've got this thing running near silent (including PSU/GPU/CPU cooling) with 33C/35C CPU/mobo temps (Motherboard's SB heatsink isn't latched, it's barely hanging in place. I gotta figure out how to attach it properly after the latch was broken :( ). The CPU temp is monitored by a motherboard sensor, not the CPU itself (as unlocked cores are incapable of monitoring). Under load it tops out to 46C, which is actually higher than my Rosewill challenger was- Though that's probably because the challenger was small enough that the fans blew near the sensors, which probably caused falsely low readings. I'm going to assume since there's no direct airflow into the sensor that it's accurate now.

Edited by dragonsdontfly