Sapphire 6990 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya some dual fans would be nice out of the gate but thats wishful thinking. I guess if they did that their partners wouldn't have anything left to do :rolleyes:

ya...hey can you just take the plastic cover and strap on two or three fans on?

Can't wait for the 5970 giveaway! Its awesome that you guys are doing it! Me is going to buy a new psu in anticipation!

Ah bed time is near!

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I don't think the solution is poor since its essentially 2 6970's on a pcb only a couple of inches longer...they could always make it a triple slot and fit a few larger fans or bigger heatsink?

i was refering to the noise and the fact heat vents back into the case. like you suggested in later posts they maybe should have put dual fans on it or tried something else. nvidia really got the 5 series right. my GTX 570 with the fan at 60-70% is quieter than my GTX260 with the fan at 60%. both have the stock "blower" fans. So AMD really needs to get creative /innovative with the cooling

AMD has atleast made a true ATI card again (aka loud butt fan but cools great)

All this talk makes me want to hook up the stock cooler from my 4870X2 just to hear it for a few seconds before it rips my ears off.

I'll have to do better and put the HD 4870x2, the 5970 and the 6990 in three separate machines and spool them up. Might make some good you tube fodder !

:thumbsup:

I'm behind ya, though my x2 has never bothered me noisewise. I run it auto though (temps don't matter to me, I know she can take it)