GTX 580 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review. If the price dips to $350 or lower this holiday season (very unlikely), I might have to snag one. Also depends on AMD's "Cayman" GPU's that are planned to be released a few weeks from now. I can't see me spending too much on a graphics card, especially since my overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI have been doing so well for me.

Speaking of the graphs (sorry about this digression) but why are they now setup to have the values decrease from left to right? I noticed a few places (like the power consumption graphs and temperature graphs) where the colors for each card are shuffled around to get the decreasing trend. Makes it difficult to track a single card when I have to always find it. Anyone else notice that?

Speaking of the graphs (sorry about this digression) but why are they now setup to have the values decrease from left to right? I noticed a few places (like the power consumption graphs and temperature graphs) where the colors for each card are shuffled around to get the decreasing trend. Makes it difficult to track a single card when I have to always find it. Anyone else notice that?

Yes, Dave and I were discussing this when I did the editing. It's the nature of the Flash charts OCC uses. Dave and co are looking at a solution to this issue. I suggested paper and crayons but that was deemed too labour intensive rolleyes.gif

Ya I think we are going back to the old way where the all Nvidia cards come first by model number then all ATI etc.... It sucks with the limits of flash :(

Ya I think we are going back to the old way where the all Nvidia cards come first by model number then all ATI etc.... It sucks with the limits of flash :(

you could hire me to make the graphs manually :P

what about excel??