Website in the works

Renigade

I am wanting to create a website but I need to use a content management system and Im looking at Drupal and Joomla

This will be for my service business (House Washing) I have over 2000+ regular customers that are washed every 4-6-8 and 12 months.. servicing 8 jobs a day fielding 20-40 calls a day
I keep my laptop in the truck Laptop mount and iGo powered. I have an original AT&T unlimited plan (currently iPhone 3Gs) about to upgrade and I am open to any and all suggestions for customer managment as well if anyone else

I am using Macromedia 2004MX fireworks and dreamweaver

EDIT Jan 18th 2013@ 3:19 PM: I went with a Wordpress Site TLCHouseWashing.COM

Edited by Renigade

I realize that is a lot of information I am mainly looking at meeting the 5 items for my immediate needs but any comments and suggestions for the rest will be greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience with customer management programs for small businesses

I don't know how easy Adobe Dreamweaver is to learn but I like it a lot. Never ending amount of options and flexibility but I think what you will need is MySQL access and some PHP knowledge to make a site that requires you to log in.

I don't know how easy Adobe Dreamweaver is to learn but I like it a lot. Never ending amount of options and flexibility but I think what you will need is MySQL access and some PHP knowledge to make a site that requires you to log in.

Joomla has that not sure about drupal and the others I am currently messing with Joomla tlchousewashing.com/joomla

I have reinstalled it 2 times and I am stalled at getting K2 to work

• 2 weeks later...

I started using Dreamweaver for a simple project at school. And I find it very intuitive. Loads of tutorials with a quick google search, nice interface and just plain simple to get started while I'm sure it's still viable for most semi-pro work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

In case you decide on Joomla, I can recommend you a page that describes how to add SMS functionality to Joomla (http://www.sms-integration.com/how-to-connect-joomla-to-sms-service-133.html). Since you wrote that you have a House Washing business this feature might come handy for your business. I hope you will find my recommendation useful.

• 3 weeks later...