Mouse Mat

Muchoman1

Hey guys, my trusty razer goliathus extended version (the 1 m long one) speed edition has got a fair bit of dust stuck in it over its year on my desk, and despite my attempts to clean it (cloth, vacuum cleaner with furniture nozzle etc) have failed to restore its mouse side to what it is under the keyboard (the keyboard has kept all dust off of that side) so now i am asking:

what is a good way to get all the dust out of this mouse mat?

if it cant be done, i will either get another one of the same mats for 30 bucks, or i can get a vespula for 40.

i dont mind spending 30 bucks a year to get a new mousemat, but due to its aluminium surface will the vespula last longer?

the cost or replacing isnt really an issue to me, but im not sure if i will like the vespula as much as my goliathus, i may try to test it out instore if i can.

so if i cant get the dust out of the mat, what should i get, another meter long goliathus, a vespula or another mat?

For cleaning, have you tried running water and a soft brush? I'm not saying to submerge the mat or anything, just run it under some water and take a soft-bristled brush to it and scrub away the dust.

Don't laugh, but Johnson's Baby Shampoo will be gentle enough to clean it without ruining it. I've used it (and similar stuff) to clean cloth pads in the past with great success.

Don't laugh, but Johnson's Baby Shampoo will be gentle enough to clean it without ruining it. I've used it (and similar stuff) to clean cloth pads in the past with great success.

+1

plain water cannot suspend / remove stubborn dirt(dusts) that much, much even worst the body oils that accumulated with it. warm soap/shampoo solution would be best.

either i doubt washing with soap/shampoo will ruin it, if you fail.... try much stronger detergents like 'hot' liquid dishwashing soap solution. as you you've mentioned; you're prepared to get a new one just in case :teehee:

but i doubt your mat will be fine still after with the warm~hot baths.

but i doubt your mat will be fine still after with the warm~hot baths.

Why wouldn't it be? Most mouse pads are relatively hardy in terms of holding up after getting wet.

Hey guys, my trusty razer goliathus extended version (the 1 m long one) speed edition has got a fair bit of dust stuck in it over its year on my desk, and despite my attempts to clean it (cloth, vacuum cleaner with furniture nozzle etc) have failed to restore its mouse side to what it is under the keyboard (the keyboard has kept all dust off of that side) so now i am asking:

what is a good way to get all the dust out of this mouse mat?

if it cant be done, i will either get another one of the same mats for 30 bucks, or i can get a vespula for 40.

i dont mind spending 30 bucks a year to get a new mousemat, but due to its aluminium surface will the vespula last longer?

the cost or replacing isnt really an issue to me, but im not sure if i will like the vespula as much as my goliathus, i may try to test it out instore if i can.

so if i cant get the dust out of the mat, what should i get, another meter long goliathus, a vespula or another mat?

What is this mouse mat thing of which you speak? :unsure:

I haven't used one in years. I have a smooth finish on my desk and my mouse works flawlessly, so long as i replace the foam/rubber feet when they fall off. My whole desk is my mouse mat.

As for cleaning it, i also have found that baby shampoo will clean most anything i need it too.