DVR with Digital Tuner Suggestions

Savan

In about 2 weeks my cable is going to be going 100% digital, normally this would be a good thing. More channels, better picture, interactive guide, etc... Problem is I like to record shows on my vcr and I don't want to pay $10 a month to rent a dvr from my provider. So I'm looking into getting a dvr with a digital tuner. I tried looking on newegg, and it gave me a bunch of CCTV dvr's... not exactly what I had in mind newegg, especially since I was searching under the home theater/tv section. So does anybody have experience with this/good suggestions. I'm looking for something around or under $200. Thanks

I ended up getting the 500gb version of the Magnavox wingwpar suggested. Seems to be working out well. Only gripe is the led readout on the front uses white LED's and thats a little bright while Im trying to sleep. Otherwise its great.

• 2 weeks later...

hey wingspar do you have a slot in the front panel for a cable card? My cable went full digital with encryption yesterday and my box stopped working. I returned it and went to the cable company thinking I was going to be forced to use one of their boxes. Turns out they have a cable card I can get to decrypt the signal that plugs into the box, but I neglected to check if it has one under the front panel before returning it then going to the cable company. If it does I'll go buy it back, but I dont want to look like an idiot who returns something, buys it back the same day, and returns it again if it doesnt

I guess I'll have to figure something else out then. I'm looking at getting a tuner card from Ceton and some Chromecast dongles to turn my PC into a DVR and send the signal to the tv's in my house over my wireless network.