Antec Hot Swap SATA HDD Caddy Tested

Nemo

That looks like its pretty nice, practically equal performance too.

Newegg has these for $20 and free shipping, I think I'll buy 2 of these at some point.

I wish they had an IDE version as well.

Plus just glancing at my P182 it looks like the door will close just fine, how much does a drive stick out Justin?

Oh yeah, good review btw.

smileythumbsup.gif

That thing would be perfect if the drives were hidden behind a door or flap or something. I'm always looking at computer cases and have to immediately reject any ones with less than 5 hdd bays; I would still consider this though...

it only sticks out about a half inch from the device.

I also would have liked the HDD to be covered, but hey it works good and looks pretty good. I was thinking about using it in my main rig as I ripped out the HDD cage to make room for the WC setup, but I like the HDD where I have it right now (mounted to the bottom of the 5.25" drive bay slot)

Looks cool!! Anyone tried a 2.5" drive in that?? Will it work or will be lost in the encl?? ;)

No [i haven't tried that], but you migh be interested in one of these, same concept except its two 2.5" drives in an exterior facing 3.5" slot. I've always wanted one. I'm pretty sure some company other than syba actually makes them and syba just puts their logo on it because I've seen the same model from other crappy companies.

Edited by xchrissypoox

That's an awesome unit, I'm going to send it to my dad, he was looking for something just like this. I don't have any free SATA ports otherwise I'd get it (plus I already have a pretty accessible external enclosure that is hooked up to e-sata)