What do you prefer? Kindle or physical book

damian

Would be nice to consolidate all my books to one device as many take up so much room, but really doesn't bother me much either way.   I do not own a kindle but I bought one for my mom and she loves it.   She can share books with her friends who also have Kindles so that is pretty cool.

I like paper books, my Nook, and Kindle Fire.  Paper books take up a lot of space to own and keep. Ebooks are cheaper to buy, there are free choices to download, library book apps are not great but it is not difficult to "barrow" library ebooks.

The Nook gives me a library and B&N access, the fire amazon books and apps, games, and music.

The Amazon Paper White is supposed to be the best reading experience.

Basically the Nook or equivalent lasts a long time between charges.  The Fire offers color, better for magazines, book covers, but figure on charging after 4-6 hours of read time, and once a week to maintain charge.

The Nook both lasts and can sit much longer.

Only drawback is temptation to shop books. Sample chapters,  collecting old friends to reread, finding stories you missed.

The Baen free library is in transition, the Gutenberg website is always tempting, Peter Whimsey, Nero Wolfe, Louis Lamour, WEB Griffin  among others.

Also some books that are out of print are available as ebooks.

Edited by ohldboy