XFX Type 01 Bravo Reviewed

Bosco

It falls a good deal shorter than what I was expecting. When I saw that " 2 pieces" case, I was wondering how fragile that it would be. Now thanks to HornyblueCow I know. It is just saddening that XFX, one of the rare GPU 3rd party manufacturer goes all plastic on a computer case while they go full metal on their graphics card's coolers.

I don't mind a computer case weighting 20 pounds (empty), if it is sturdy. Seeing how Rosewill and some of the first gen NZXT, (this name is hard to get right) whether had a lot of plastic or a film of steel as panels just doesn't cut it for me.

If they go plastic, they should ask Logitech. In 13 years I have had a couple of Logitech, and I could never break them by bashing, nor their mouse (G5). People are even complaining that the plastic flexes, but it has yet to break.

That was my rant! Have a good day!

The "Shell" is metal and strong enough that it doesn't bend, it's just surrounded by weak plastic. It's possible it was only a certain batch but i've found a bunch of customer reviews with the exact same problem.

The "Shell" is metal and strong enough that it doesn't bend, it's just surrounded by weak plastic. It's possible it was only a certain batch but i've found a bunch of customer reviews with the exact same problem.

Yeah the customer reviews are what would worry me if I was considering it.  It's obviously an issue of some sort and looking at how fragile it looks I can't help but think they KNEW this was going to be an issue. 

I'm guessing XFX will take care of people with issues, but then again with the crap service I've gotten so far with the video card RMA I'm working on with them maybe I shouldn't be so confident. 

Overall though it's great so see a change up of design, I could see someone make this work with a fully loaded air cooled system and be very happy to not have a "usual" boring box.  

Yeah even though I don't like the look, i support companies taking a chance and doing something different. The market is flooded with the same chassis and now it's really about whatever is cheaper. charging a bit more for a new look isn't that crazy as I would pay not to have the same thing.

On another note, I always thought XFX had good RMA support, though I never had any problems myself to use RMA services. 

It is an interesting looking case for sure. Most cases that are design exercises have some sort of compromise. Just look at the Level 10 from TT.  It was a great looking case and as a concept was well thought out. It allowed for a decent amount of cooling but getting the drive bay to work 100% of the time was troubling and you had to have the right length cables on your PSU or use extensions to power everything. Outside of that it was built as solid as a tank. At 50 pounds empty it was a beast.  

My friend got a Level 10 GTS a little over a year ago and the 2 of the 4 bays stop working recently :(

Not the same thing. That is the much less expensive for the masses version. I'm talking about the original $750 limited edition BMW designed case.

My friend got a Level 10 GTS a little over a year ago and the 2 of the 4 bays stop working recently :(

Not the same thing. That is the much less expensive for the masses version. I'm talking about the original $750 limited edition BMW designed case.

oh well....nvm lol I would be mad if a $750 case had a bay issue.