Enable GPU encoding

uneedav8

I use a handful of video encoding utilities to convert my media files. In most of the programs, there is a check box to enable GPU encoding. With a supported GPU by ATI or Nvidia installed, you are suppose to be able to check this box. This is supposed to speed up the encoding process. I have been using an old 9800GT for a while. I was able to check,and un-check the GPU encoding box. I recently decided to install a GTX280 in it's place since it is quicker than the 9800GT. I installed it with the latest drivers. Now I noticed that the GPU encoding box is grayed out, and I can't enable it. I tried swapping the cards back to the old set-up which worked previously, and still no go. Both the 9800GT and GTX280 are in the supported for GPU encoding. I tried different drivers with no success. Anyone have any ideas?

What program(s) are you having this issue in? Are you using saved projects or profiles? If you are, try clearing out your cache or replacing your clips. It's probably trying to find your 9800GT with your previous driver set, and it can't, so it's not giving you that option.

It's a possibility that certain formats might not be supported. What format are you trying to convert to? Try a different format.

Did you update your program(s), too? Sometimes you might need to update them, or upgrade them to a paid version for that functionality. Or, if you did update your program, sometimes the newer versions make that unavailable so they can start making money off of that with paid versions.