Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

i did look at your thread before, and it helped :)

it was surprisingly easy to set up for read only access... i didn't have to change or specify as many settings as you'd listed... i have Samba share working as i'm familiar with Windows sharing/networking, so it appears as a shared machine/folder on my LAN

only problem is EMIII doesn't seem to have been updated for this WU so i can see the WU name, the start and due times, and the time per frame, but because the unit point and # of frames info isn't being recognised, i don't have a WU point value nor number of frames and consequently i don't have a ppd nor do the progress meters work :(

oh well... i can figure out my ppd from the time per frame, and it's ~1000ppd, so i don't really mind hehe

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the solution needs to run on a 64-bit, multi-core/cpu rig afaik... so X2 3800+ and E6600 yes, the rest in your sig, no :|

but the extra points you get, you probably won't be complaining :D

my PPW is going to go from 3500-4000 to 8000-9000 i think

i did look at your thread before, and it helped :)

it was surprisingly easy to set up for read only access... i didn't have to change or specify as many settings as you'd listed... i have Samba share working as i'm familiar with Windows sharing/networking, so it appears as a shared machine/folder on my LAN

only problem is EMIII doesn't seem to have been updated for this WU so i can see the WU name, the start and due times, and the time per frame, but because the unit point and # of frames info isn't being recognised, i don't have a WU point value nor number of frames and consequently i don't have a ppd nor do the progress meters work :(

oh well... i can figure out my ppd from the time per frame, and it's ~1000ppd, so i don't really mind hehe

Oh that's a different story and fairly easy to fix on your own. You need to update emprotz.dat in your EMII folder.

Go to the Stanford project summary page and look up the WU you want to add. Write down the preferred number of days, the point value and the number of frames.

Next, open the emprotz.dat file with Notepad. The first few lines look something like this:

"Version"
"3302"

"3302" = project number

604800 = preferred days (in seconds, so multiply the number of days by 24*60*60)

94.0 = point value

100 = number of frames

So just insert a block in the dat file representing your WU, making sure to follow the format used for the others in the file (project number in quotes, spaces before the values other than the project number, a single decimal place after the point value).

I'm not sure what happens when EMII updates the file, whether it adds new values or overwrites the existing file.

I've done this on several occasions and it works fine.

Edit: Wrapping the example in the code tags stripped off the spaces in front of the entries, but you'll get the idea when you look at the dat file.

Edited by Nemo

the solution needs to run on a 64-bit, multi-core/cpu rig afaik... so X2 3800+ and E6600 yes, the rest in your sig, no :|

but the extra points you get, you probably won't be complaining :D

my PPW is going to go from 3500-4000 to 8000-9000 i think

Oh ok well it will run on the Pentium D 915, and 920 dual cores also? There 64 bit AFAIK

Oh that's a different story and fairly easy to fix on your own. You need to update emprotz.dat in your EMII folder.

thanks... i feel a bit of a noob... i actually looked through the dat file earlier, saw the format, actually made the conscious leap that it was a listing of all the WUs with the according data, but didn't think to just add mine in there lol...

let's give it a whirl...

hmm, the WU info is already there:

my emprotz.dat (updated from EMIII page)

"3027"

psummary

3027	 171.64.65.56 	p3027_SMP-nsv-03	9684	 1.00	 2.00	 716.00	100	GRO-SMP

and it's definitely 3027 currently on my 170:

30271vw.th.gif

maybe it's because the protein name doesn't begin with "p3027" as read by EMIII or F@H itself

emii3027hmm0fv.th.gif

i vaguely remember something like this a while ago... too vague to remember anything useful though... memory's about as useful as a chocolate teapot these days lol